Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3525 of 3547 FirstFirst ... 25253025342534753515352335243525352635273535 ... LastLast
Results 35,241 to 35,250 of 35465
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    I do not recommend eating fresh bread from the oven, fig chutney and sprout quiche (no really) and a can of coke on the same day - even the cat was forced to leave the room!
    Poor cat ��. No sprout quiche for me then. Drinking coke makes me feel a little bilious. So together I can understand.

Garlic snails for starters then garlic lovers beef and garlic mash with the odd beer did it for me.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin the Nog View Post
    Isn't that what defibs are for?
    No. They don't start hearts.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    The way my digestive system behaves, if I became a vegetarian it would likely increase global warming!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    The virgin website suggests I take the sim card out and rub the contacts...............
    I have one or two contacts on my SIM that I might quite enjoy rubbing, but mostly not.
    We give £350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    No. They don't start hearts.
    Well, not once you've got them out on the workbench, no.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Of course not, for that you need a lightning conductor and an Igor.
    Even then, turning them off and back on again renders the person part unviable. You end up with a revenging monster instead. It's a bit like getting ransomware into your drive.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
    Eight years in a row going out on 2nd January to fix printing presses that either the electricity people had cut power to or the company decided to power down. The other strange thing is when it doesn’t work they power off and back on. Now the original problem is still there and other things have gone wrong. At least I used to be paid well to fix them.

Mark
    When I was a test & commissioning technician one of the systems we had to test used computer cards that where designed as TTL but in production CMOS; If we found any faults with that part of the system the usual practise was to initially pull out then if still faulty swop out. Faults would rarely clear, what we found after the manufacturer returned the card 'fault not found' was to pull the cards out and leave in a conductive bag for 24 hours to discharge the smoothing capacitors completely. Reduced the fault count by 99.9%!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    I have one or two contacts on my SIM that I might quite enjoy rubbing, but mostly not.
    Is that rubbing out or rubbing up against?
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by F.P. View Post
    When I was a test & commissioning technician one of the systems we had to test used computer cards that where designed as TTL but in production CMOS; If we found any faults with that part of the system the usual practise was to initially pull out then if still faulty swop out. Faults would rarely clear, what we found after the manufacturer returned the card 'fault not found' was to pull the cards out and leave in a conductive bag for 24 hours to discharge the smoothing capacitors completely. Reduced the fault count by 99.9%!
    Those pesky capacitors. We worked with A/C drives and if they were older than 18 months old and not been used, we needed to reform the electrolytic capacitors. Went to one machine that needed all day to do this. Mostly when powering down we left them off long enough for a cup of tea. Luckily most didn’t require 24 hours. Capacitors do age and dry out though causing strange problems when they are old.

TTL takes me back a long time to when I was an apprentice. One machine tool had boards with logic gates made from discreet components (transistors etc). Never seen it since.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    You seem to know a bit about this....................
    Paul.