Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3523 of 3548 FirstFirst ... 25233023342334733513352135223523352435253533 ... LastLast
Results 35,221 to 35,230 of 35472
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by F.P. View Post
    Just visited the family. B*****d fly tippers have been down the road - Pile of rubbish dumped over the house gate, we have a couple of hours work clearing that before we can get cars in and out of drive. Also every neighbours gateway is the same - Farmer really angry as he has to shift the best part of a 10 ton trucks worth dumped in one of his gateways; but nice farmer chappie has told us who are also clearing our gateways that if we load the trailer he is filling with the rubbish in his gateways he will take all away.
    As I took four builders bags of garden waste to the tip yesterday and used up one of my six yearly allowances, I will probably be joining them in the near future.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by F.P. View Post
    Just visited the family. B*****d fly tippers have been down the road -...
    It is endemic. Doing deliveries this morning and there are several heaps of stuff dumped at the side of the dual carriageway. Plus the usual plastic shit that has "accidentally" blown out the back of the pick-up.
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We needed to get an external doorframe replaced and it needed to be custom made as doorway is non standard. Wednesday it arrived old frame taken out new one fitted and door rehung. However the fitter ran out of time and could not come back until tomorrow to finish the job. Today and tonight are not a good time to have a storm come through when there is a half inch gap around the outside of the frame! it is fecking draughty..............
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think that's piss poor. Recently had backdoor fitted. It took half a day but about 15mins to squirt in the polystyrene foam and then they left it sealed and came back two days later to finish off cosmetics. Bet the fitter had run out of the foam sealant!
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Apple

SWMBO now has an iphone.....FFFFFFFFFFFFS I just knew this was a bad idea.

Madam cannot receive texts from me. Though she can send texts to me. Other messaging systems work OK. New SIM card en route from Virgin just in case. We have been through all the help facilities from Apple, VM, interweb etc. So far I have tried Old Speckled Hen, gin, and madam is trying prosecco to improve the connection.

Nectar are pants at changing passwords. They issue emails with a ten minute time limit that take twenty minutes to arrive FFS, so totally useless.

SWMBO uses books and paper to keep track of passwords, and now we discover that not all the books are up to date. Oh what joy.

FFS quite a lot of stress moving from Samsung to the Devil Incarnate* and we still cannot access Nectar points**.

* Apple to other poor souls
    ** First world problems I know

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    Also I am a traveller and so are all of my mother's family. Possibly the neighbours are trying to keep me out?
    In
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Established TDF Member Doomanic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Also I am a traveller
    Possibly the neighbours are trying to keep me out?
    Those two things are not necessarily connected...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian@1904 View Post
    SWMBO now has an iphone.....FFFFFFFFFFFFS I just knew this was a bad idea.

Madam cannot receive texts from me. Though she can send texts to me. Other messaging systems work OK. New SIM card en route from Virgin just in case. We have been through all the help facilities from Apple, VM, interweb etc. So far I have tried Old Speckled Hen, gin, and madam is trying prosecco to improve the connection.

Nectar are pants at changing passwords. They issue emails with a ten minute time limit that take twenty minutes to arrive FFS, so totally useless.

SWMBO uses books and paper to keep track of passwords, and now we discover that not all the books are up to date. Oh what joy.

FFS quite a lot of stress moving from Samsung to the Devil Incarnate* and we still cannot access Nectar points**.

* Apple to other poor souls
    ** First world problems I know
    For some reason my phone seems to be receiving up to three days text messages all at one go when I turn it on in the morning. Why they are not coming through before that, who knows.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    For some reason my phone seems to be receiving up to three days text messages all at one go when I turn it on in the morning. Why they are not coming through before that, who knows.
    It is trying to get you to leave it on 24/7 so you can wake up at 03.21 and check it like young people do.
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    It is trying to get you to leave it on 24/7 so you can wake up at 03.21 and check it like young people do.
    Mine is on 7/24 but mutes overnight.

Too many years in the electronics business has taught me that power cycling is when things break.
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.