Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3206 of 3250 FirstFirst ... 22062706310631563196320432053206320732083216 ... LastLast
Results 32,051 to 32,060 of 32491
  1. #32051
    Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brighton, at the Marina end.
    Posts
    2,869
    Likes (Given)
    526
    Likes (Received)
    2108
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    I'm under suspicion of harbouring an illegal DVT or something.
    The nice hospital lady with the ultrasound box says no DVT!

    I think I'm more pleased that it's not that than the
    fact that I no longer have a diagnosis for the problem.
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

  2. #32052
    Prior Member Tim Digger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    West Midlands UK
    Posts
    4,234
    Likes (Given)
    2839
    Likes (Received)
    3198
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    The nice hospital lady with the ultrasound box says no DVT!

    I think I'm more pleased that it's not that than the
    fact that I no longer have a diagnosis for the problem.
    Very pleased to hear you are not going to drop dead of a Pulmonary Embolus before the Corona virus gets you. You now need to continue to seek a diagnosis, unilateral leg swelling is not a benign symptom. They have simply ruled out the commonest and most immediately serious problem. Follow up phone consultation with GP required.
    Your other problem is to continue investigations while maintaining social distancing as much as possible. Best of luck to you and anyone at this stage of investigation at present, I really don't know how much thought is being given to maintaining normal lines of investigation and referral at present, I suspect it will vary enormously across the country.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

  3. #32053
    Established WTF Member Spirit of Guernsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Guernsey
    Posts
    7,011
    Likes (Given)
    4429
    Likes (Received)
    5418
    Guernsey goes on lockdown from midnight, just been announced so details are sketchy. They did confirm that I would be classed as an essential worker so hopefully I won't get too much grief off the rozzers.
    There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine French critic and historian (1828-93)

  4. #32054
    Established TDF Member Paulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    13,266
    Likes (Given)
    5255
    Likes (Received)
    4735
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Guernsey View Post
    Guernsey goes on lockdown from midnight, just been announced so details are sketchy. They did confirm that I would be classed as an essential worker so hopefully I won't get too much grief off the rozzers.
    Didnt realise Admiral of the Fleet was such a valued gig.
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

    Illegitimi non carborundum

  5. #32055
    Established TDF Member Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    S/E England & S/W Ireland
    Posts
    1,106
    Likes (Given)
    1266
    Likes (Received)
    1117
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Guernsey View Post
    Guernsey goes on lockdown from midnight, just been announced so details are sketchy. They did confirm that I would be classed as an essential worker so hopefully I won't get too much grief off the rozzers.
    Looks similar to the UK: https://www.itv.com/news/channel/202...n-their-homes/

    Wondering how long it will be before Ireland follows suit.

  6. #32056
    Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brighton, at the Marina end.
    Posts
    2,869
    Likes (Given)
    526
    Likes (Received)
    2108
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    The nice hospital lady with the ultrasound box says no DVT!
    <sulk>
    Now they have a blood test that says 'well maybe' so it's a week then redo the blood test and if it's still high another scan.

    I have this talent for brinkmanship but pulling 0.51 on an 'above 0.5' test sucks.

    I made chocolate brownies to celebrate too...
    And being an old codger I'm sort of locked down so I have to eat them all myself.
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

  7. #32057
    Prior Member Tim Digger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    West Midlands UK
    Posts
    4,234
    Likes (Given)
    2839
    Likes (Received)
    3198
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    <sulk>
    Now they have a blood test that says 'well maybe' so it's a week then redo the blood test and if it's still high another scan.

    I have this talent for brinkmanship but pulling 0.51 on an 'above 0.5' test sucks.

    I made chocolate brownies to celebrate too...
    And being an old codger I'm sort of locked down so I have to eat them all myself.
    Take some asprin if not sensitive. 1 a day.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

  8. #32058
    Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brighton, at the Marina end.
    Posts
    2,869
    Likes (Given)
    526
    Likes (Received)
    2108
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    Take some asprin if not sensitive. 1 a day.
    Thanks but I'm already on that from the heart stuff. Well the little 75mg ones.
    I guess I might get upgraded to Rat Poison if they find anything bad.

    I have Heparin sitting ready but after the scan I held off but the GP says to keep it to hand and if things change she might order me onto it.
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

  9. #32059
    Prior Member Tim Digger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    West Midlands UK
    Posts
    4,234
    Likes (Given)
    2839
    Likes (Received)
    3198
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    Thanks but I'm already on that from the heart stuff. Well the little 75mg ones.
    I guess I might get upgraded to Rat Poison if they find anything bad.

    I have Heparin sitting ready but after the scan I held off but the GP says to keep it to hand and if things change she might order me onto it.
    It's usually the super new rat poison now that doesn't need blood tests every 2-3 weeks.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

  10. #32060
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Too far from the sea!
    Posts
    10,000
    Likes (Given)
    2841
    Likes (Received)
    5798
    Todays home made bread will be pumpernickel.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •