Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3343 of 3355 FirstFirst ... 23432843324332933333334133423343334433453353 ... LastLast
Results 33,421 to 33,430 of 33550
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A friend's daughter left the baby in the car seat. Nowt wrong with that you might say but the seat was still on the car roof as she drove off.
    The panic it caused in the person who tried to stop her but not stop her so quick as to cause the seat to fall off the front of the car.

It all ended safely, well that time 😃

taz

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yesterday I took my Moto Guzzi in for its first service and later went out for my first ride on my ancient BMW since the Guzzi arrived. I had not realised how much the Moto Guzzi was in advance of the BMW. The BMW felt like a toy tractor compared - it is so cramped compared and it just feels agricultural. I think that it will have to be refurbed sooner rather than later as it feel as if it needs a lot of love.

This will mean that the Guzzi will need to be winterised and have ACF-50 applied to stop the rust starting as I do want to ride though winter and I was going to use the BMW for that this winter.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    This will mean that the Guzzi will need to be winterised and have ACF-50 applied to stop the rust starting as I do want to ride though winter and I was going to use the BMW for that this winter.
    Sell the beemer to some "enthusiast" that likes shit old bikes (there are plenty). Use the cash to buy a winter hack.

https://www.sdmotorcycles.co.uk/used...s500/61817.htm

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yesterday I took my Moto Guzzi in for its first service and later went out for my first ride on my ancient BMW since the Guzzi arrived. I had not realised how much the Moto Guzzi was in advance of the BMW. The BMW felt like a toy tractor compared - it is so cramped compared and it just feels agricultural. I think that it will have to be refurbed sooner rather than later as it feel as if it needs a lot of love.

Italian metal still rusts! Hopefully it's improved since the Alfa-Sud days.

Anyway, how are you finding the Guzzi? Is it all you wanted it to be? Any niggles? How's the vibration?

With the number of days that diving's cancelled, I kind of dream of the days of riding bikes. Just get yer kit on open the garage and go...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Sell the beemer to some "enthusiast" that likes shit old bikes (there are plenty). Use the cash to buy a winter hack.

That thought has crossed my mind but I am working on the principle that I can add a heap of value quite easily - stripping it, doing a little welding on the sub-frame and then powder coating everything that I can thereby making it 3/4 decent rather than the hack that it is currently. I guess that as it stands it is worth around 1.5- 2k - making it look decent and sorting a few minor niggles out will cost around 500 but put the value up to around 4K in the spring. Heck if it makes it a nice ride again I may keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
    Italian metal still rusts! Hopefully it's improved since the Alfa-Sud days.

Anyway, how are you finding the Guzzi? Is it all you wanted it to be? Any niggles? How's the vibration?

With the number of days that diving's cancelled, I kind of dream of the days of riding bikes. Just get yer kit on open the garage and go...
    I have to say that even when risen gently during running in it has put a broad beam on my face so many times. The riding position is entirely natural, I was surprised how cramped I found the BMW yesterday and the performance is excellent. The vibes are far less than the BMW and the package as a whole has really surprised me. The brakes are waaaay better, the sound is even better than the BMW - what it will be like when I get to play through the whole range is something I am really looking forward to - and the handling is excellent - not at all twitchy which is how I felt the BMW to be.

The niggles. Well here is the list:

The horn is crap - totally useless currently but soon to be upgraded to a ship’s foghorn
    The starter button is a little flimsy - not bad, but a little flimsy. Fortunately, I am a delicate flower so that won’t be an issue.

I am chuffed to bits with the bike and spend too much time checking the weather forecasts to see if it is a play day or not. I am concerned about the rust issues and salted roads - hence the ACF-50 that will be applied after its next wash. However the metal feels pretty good, the finish is excellent and with good protection from salt and a rinse to get rid of the salt after a ride all should be well. Should.

Why didn’t I get a Guzzi before? Well they have always been of interest - I did consider getting a V50 back in the day but they didn’t quite excite enough To part me from my cash. I now know I was a dumb ass. Just don’t tell Noggin because he won’t shut up. At the en of the day I didn’t actually depart from a formula I was used to - both the BMW and Guzzi are air cooled twins not of the parallel variety, both have shaft drive, both are not a standard choice and both make me smile, regardless of what I said about the BMW it is still better than being in a metal box (except in really crap weather).
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post

If you're gonna buy a winter hack, make sure it's not too much fun, otherwise you'll not want to abuse it as you should.
    On the other hand, you may find that the hack is a lot more fun than you expected. Especially as, for some strange reason, the "leather" bags piss off both motorcyclists & scooter riders (weird, huh?) I try and keep tally of the comments I get when out and about. Who really cares? It can carry a lot, has linked brakes, ABS and ASR, and the important bits (me included) are shielded from the worst winter can throw at us by acres of non corroding plastic.
    And it's better than a tin box.

"...are we human, or are we diver?"

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What on earth is that!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What on earth is that!
    I suspect a Suzuki Bergman. They have a good reputation.

I have been reading about a guy that took a standard 200cc Vespa from Capetown to Nairobi - including sections of off-road and later the same scooter from Budapest to Guinea-Bassau on the west coast of Africa. there is also a guy riding his Vespa around the world - two up as far as I can remember - here is a link - https://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hu...902#post614921

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What on earth is that!
    Piaggio X10 'Executive' 350cc Maxi Scooter.
    (from the same group as the Guzzi)
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have been reading about a guy that took a standard 200cc Vespa from Capetown to Nairobi - including sections of off-road ...
    Easy. Nothing impressive about that at all.