Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3394 of 3426 FirstFirst ... 23942894329433443384339233933394339533963404 ... LastLast
Results 33,931 to 33,940 of 34256
    Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tens View Post
    At one end of our kitchen worktop, we designed in a bit of an overhang so we could tuck a couple of high stools under. People come and perch there. So Mrs T thought we should get another 2 stools as they are so useful. Flat pack, build them yourself. They have 4 wooden legs and the way the cross bars are arranged means that one pair of legs are mirror images of the other pair. So you have two type 1 legs and two type 2 legs. Helpfully, the legs come with a sticky label "1" or "2".

As we bought 2 stools, we got 8 legs. The problem was that there were six type 1, and two type 2. Emailed a photo to the seller. No probs, would send us another set.... A set being 2 of each type. When they arrived, they were indeed labelled "1" and "2" as expected, but one of the type 2 was mis-labelled and was actually a "1".

So we now have 12 legs.

Emailed a photo. No probs, they would send us 2 new legs. And whatever the stickers on them said, he would make sure they were one of each type. They arrived this morning.... Not 2 legs, but 2 packs of legs, 4 in each pack. No problems finding a type 2 in all those but we now have 20 legs for 2 stools. They are lovely polished elm and the seller doesn't want the surplus 12 back.

Apart from the sacrilege of putting them on the wood burning stove, what are we going to do with them?
    Get some booze in to celebrate, you can't get legless at the moment.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly.."
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

TDF Member
    a city about as far form the sea as you can get in the UK
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    I remember taking the two Pekinese dogs my father had to see him in a wheel chair outside the hospital from the back of the car. He could not speak after his big stroke, but I believe all were pleased to see each other. My daughter not infrequently takes her whippet in to see patients in the hospice where she works. Man and animals have cohabited for thousands of years and should be considered family.
    My mother managed to smuggle my grandmothers cat in to the hospital to visit her, I think they managed to find a sympathetic senior nurse and time it so she was on shift.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    For the first time since 23 November, I can say "I am COVID negative".

Hooray!!
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Total sense of humour failure with the workshop vacuum cleaner that I use as a
    dust extractor. It sucks for less and less time before it goes clunk,
    changes its tone and then sucks really badly. OK so fix it or bin it, that
    frees my hands to make or break. I pull it to pieces, dismantle the 'pressure
    relief valve', pull out the spring and fill it with hot melt glue. That ain't
    gonna dump my vacuum ever again. Result!
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It must have been the saline nasal rinses! Ah ! No that's just the fallacy of n=1 talking. I refer you to the large study of convalescent plasma just stopped recruiting due to lack of demonstrable effect. It should have worked, reasons why not may be argued over for years yet. We need randomised controlled trials, if there's one thing the UK and larger NHS (not to forget the volunteers to trials) can be proud of in this pandemic it is the production of some of the best large scale trials of clinical treatments for Covid in the world.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    The nasal rinses are unproven in clinical trials but anecdotal evidence suggests they can help
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I rest my case Mi Lud.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    The nasal rinses are unproven in clinical trials but anecdotal evidence suggests they can help
    If it worked for you who cares what the literature says. What ever it is a result for you happy flying to wherever you are going..................
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    If it worked for you who cares what the literature says.
    I personally know of at least 8 people that kept failing PCRs, started using nasal rinses and then passed.

The theory being that the swab is picking up remnants of the viral RNA that just happens to be left in the sinus or mucus membrane.

I am not saying it cures COVID or that it makes you recover faster. I do think that it helps to shed some of the old gunk that is being picked up by the test though