Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3090 of 3128 FirstFirst ... 20902590299030403080308830893090309130923100 ... LastLast
Results 30,891 to 30,900 of 31275
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by smileydiver View Post
    Wonder if anyone has taken any scuba gear down there for him? Dive mouse?! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-49146896
    Interesting question. It says breathing apparatus. Bet that was fireman's breathing gear. Possibly not a pressure compensated SCUBA reg. Who knows? Still a lot of air to manage till the tide goes out. To say nothing of hypothermia. Wonder what saw was used?
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by smileydiver View Post
    Wonder if anyone has taken any scuba gear down there for him? Dive mouse?! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-49146896
    And suddenly a child slipping while leaving the beach is a child saved from the water.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin the Nog View Post
    And suddenly a child slipping while leaving the beach is a child saved from the water.
    I haven't taken my children to the seaside this year so I have saved all of them repeatedly.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dive mouse?!
    I just laughed - he got stuck on some steps at the top of the beach on a falling tide.
    hormone addled, protective, psychotic, hate filled killer

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Down near Weymouth atm, so a trip to O3’s shop is on the cards and then to see about going for a dive with one of the local dive shops to get some experience in british waters.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Aannddddd 275 quid lighter i’ve got me an O3 semi dry suit. Just waiting on an e mail reply from dive beyond (as recommended on here, cheers) for a date for a dive. Hope the weather holds out, sea temp is 18 deg atm, just like the med

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was asked this last weekend what I wanted to do when I retire (a few years hence) by SWMBO. A short wait and then I coughed for the plan to go to Egypt by bike - just in vague terms. No major reaction which was a surprise, I suspect she doesn’t realise I am serious.....
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    I was asked this last weekend what I wanted to do when I retire (a few years hence) by SWMBO. A short wait and then I coughed for the plan to go to Egypt by bike - just in vague terms. No major reaction which was a surprise, I suspect she doesn’t realise I am serious.....
    Or she just accepts that something like that is inevitable.

Mine has been anti-bike for years (they are deathtraps) but when I floated the idea of getting my bike license, going to the US, hiring a chopper and travelling route 66 with my brother in law she just shrugged.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    Perhaps she will be glad to see the back of you.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    21C in the water off Norfolk already and the seaweed is full of stalked jellies, which have been a rarity in the past. Rob found a colony of large adult leopard spotted gobies in one of the gullies and we probably have a new foreign spirorbis worm. Also saw a hooded shrimp, which is like a tiny angry lobster.
    hormone addled, protective, psychotic, hate filled killer