Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3186 of 3210 FirstFirst ... 21862686308631363176318431853186318731883196 ... LastLast
Results 31,851 to 31,860 of 32098
    I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    M&S? Costa? I am not a rich Oxfordian you know.
    Neither am I and I do not drink coffee either! Certainly never ever buy fuel anywhere near A34 as it is usually at least 5p/litre more expensive than Tescos/Sainsburys/Morrisons/Chavda
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    M&S? Costa? I am not a rich Oxfordian you know.
    This is not just a greasy half cooked rubbery bacon sandwich, it is an M&S greasy half cooked rubbery bacon sandwich.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have just been reading a blog on a motorcycle forum about someone who is travelling around Africa from the Congo to Tanzania via South Africa on a Honda 125. He isn't in a rush as he wants to see things so the Honda is close to perfect for him. His blog is full of really good photos and I have to say that the blog and the photos have confirmed in my mind that my plan to go through Africa on my bike is the right one.

If you want to see the photos then this is the link to the website - https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...ht=father+jack
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    I have just been reading a blog on a motorcycle forum about someone who is travelling around Africa from the Congo to Tanzania via South Africa on a Honda 125. He isn't in a rush as he wants to see things so the Honda is close to perfect for him. His blog is full of really good photos and I have to say that the blog and the photos have confirmed in my mind that my plan to go through Africa on my bike is the right one.

If you want to see the photos then this is the link to the website - https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...ht=father+jack
    I knew someone who crossed the Sahara on a motorbike.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Small personal victory over the elements. My 2010 focus estate developed a leak. Water in the spare well (lots), wet carpet in the boot. I chased the leak up from the floor via the door frame box section past the lamp cluster up past the speaker grille and up into the head lining. Ripping more and more interior trim out in increasing frustration. Solution! The water was getting in via the roof gutter ! Its a panel join where the roof is spotwelded onto the side panel. Its covered by a plastic strip which I gaily ripped off. Gunned a fat bead of silicon mastic (8) down the seam and the jobs a good un. Just waiting for a dry day and I will dob a bit more sticky stuff into the gutter and stick the plastic trim ( now in 2 pieces) back into place. Me mate Dave had his similar and the Ford dealer charged 800 and he isn't sure yet if he's dry.

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ripon racecourse will be featuring inflatable sea horses this weekend.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hey Noggin, is it time for you to change your location description. It's on your doorstep now.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was in Lincolnshire yesterday. One of the flattest, lowest parts of the UK, crossed with waterways and not a flood in sight. Superb water management, and most of it hundreds of years old. We can learn from our ancestors.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hey Noggin, is it time for you to change your location description. It's on your doorstep now.
    We've just arrived at Fountains Abbey to stay in a holiday let for a few days. Only just made it as the road on the way into Ripon was gradually being swamped by floodwater. Not sure how much walking we'll get in this weekend. Might just crash out with the Kindle and some red wine.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

I used to be Cheeky UnCheeky Monkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My decree nisi was pronounced today.

And I stood and cried in the street three times over the last 36 hours with frustration at how shit a new job it has taken me 30 years to get has turned out to be within 1 hour of arrival.

As you were