Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3168 of 3212 FirstFirst ... 21682668306831183158316631673168316931703178 ... LastLast
Results 31,671 to 31,680 of 32118
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I said she should ask for a really big compensation payout for the wear and tear on her car.
    hormone addled, protective, psychotic, hate filled killer

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post
    That's going to be an interesting convo with the parking company and the police.
    Easy to prove the secure parking as well as the "I was in the Alps" bit. Criminal charges coming up I reckon - at the very least driving without insurance & taking without the owners consent. Even worse if the customer decides to alert the papers - they will lose any reputation for being "Secure" parking overnight.

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    I have looked this up but am not sure exactly what it does.
    You pull away with attitude.
    A litre bike is accelerating so hard that you begrudge the time taken to change gear but you need it.
    So you just pull up on the gear selector with your toe.
    The lump in the linkage detects the force and cuts the engine for a carefully calculated moment based on smart stuff.
    The revs drop and the gear snicks in without all the usual messing about with dipping the throttle or pulling the clutch in.
    The power just keeps on coming.
    Your ego is horribly inflated but, frankly, nobody else in the world notices.
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So it's like the manual override steering wheel paddles on an auto box but for your foot?
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    A litre bike is accelerating so hard that you begrudge the time taken to change gear but you need it.
    The lump in the linkage detects the force and cuts the engine for a carefully calculated moment based on smart stuff.
    The revs drop and the gear snicks in without all the usual messing about with dipping the throttle or pulling the clutch in.
    And this is a sensible piece of kit for a man, who I hope you don't mind me saying, is of err slightly advanced years. Boy, do you know how to live life to the full. More power to your throttle hand.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel hewitt View Post
    Old style put your toe under the gear shift hold the throttle wide open, as it hits the revlimiter the next gear slots in. Advice stolen from a Nial McKenzie .

Established WTF Member Spirit of Guernsey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by bottle maker View Post
    Old style put your toe under the gear shift hold the throttle wide open, as it hits the revlimiter the next gear slots in. Advice stolen from a Nial McKenzie .
    That's the man's way.
    There are four varieties in society: the lovers, the ambitious, observers and fools. The fools are the happiest.
    Hippolyte Taine French critic and historian (1828-93)

Established TDF Member nigel hewitt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Oh my.
    That wonderfully satisfying click as the last plug snaps into place (pull, wiggle, it's OK).
    From here on in it's just a matter of putting things back together.

That made Christmas OK after all.

I wonder when my full set of bike fairing fastenings will arrive?
    The one I lost just had to be the weird one didn't it?
    I wonder if anything will fall off if I just have a quick run out without it...
    Helium, because I'm worth it.
    Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounded like a radical holiday opportunity until I looked it up.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    A customer has just come back from holiday to a fine for driving the wrong way up a street in Hackney while she was in the Alps and her car was in secure parking. Except it wasn't, as the fine was accompanied by a photo of the whole car.
    Umm,yes. Sympathies.
    Always record the mileage and take it with you, when car is left at airport parking companies. Anything more than a couple of hundred yards Need a to be explained in writing.

Me -
    Mid November Drive into street parking space as a car same as mine drove off so similar, same colour, Reg No one letter different. Parked up and went to shops, came back to car to find Traffic Warden starting to write out ticket, only been parked 15mins in 30min area so questioned them about why I was getting a ticket? Answer was I'd been parked for 10mins over the time limit! I remonstrated and asked them to check their notes, explaining about the car that drove was identical to mine but one letter different, was told I was lying until I produced the DashCam to prove my innocence. Insisted that they took responsibility for the error on the spot and made note of the error on the ticket.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    I have bronchitis just in time for christmas and an elderly mother coming to stay........

Bah bloody humbug
    Day 10 of coughing large amounts of smelly green yuck and the GP I had to see tells me it is only a virus after listening to my via my clothes!! All docs, nurses, paramedics etc etc on here know it is stethoscope/skin contact required................. I now remember why I have declined to see him in the past. Have tried various treatments including well chilled champagne and white wine both very soothing. A very expensive Margaux also very soothing. Sadly now back to Asprin gargles, paracetamol, menthol lozenges, eucalyptus inhaler and a spray that has micro amounts of topical lidocaine and it still hurts.
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke