Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3627 of 3666 FirstFirst ... 26273127352735773617362536263627362836293637 ... LastLast
Results 36,261 to 36,270 of 36660
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Guernsey View Post
    I'm just recovering from norovirus. First symptoms on Friday, full blown cleansing on Saturday and Sunday, managed to eat a little yesterday. On a plus point, my weight is now lower than is has been for several decades.
    That`s fun: Not.

Managed it twice in 12 months, never having suffered with it previously.
    Knocked me flat for a week on both occasions; if I thought about moving I felt nauseous, if I actually moved (which was sometimes very necessary): I was very ill.

I think I know where one dose originated, and I was really unsympathetic when the Frankie and Benny`s branch was closed down.

Someone in work said I looked better, I saw myself in the mirror, and wondered how bad I had actually been.
    I was still grey with sunken cheeks after ten days.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Guernsey View Post
    I'm just recovering from norovirus. First symptoms on Friday, full blown cleansing on Saturday and Sunday, managed to eat a little yesterday. On a plus point, my weight is now lower than is has been for several decades.
    Miserable! Hope you get over the worst of it soon.

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    When I said “think of an eclair” it worked. Good, eh? This eclair is somewhat larger than a standard eclair and is probably very bad for anyone who eats one.
    As it's large and round rather than hot dog shaped it's a choux bun. I can see how it got it's 'elephant's foot' nickname.
    I used to love them. They were served up by the dozen as a treat for us kids helping out with stocktaking at an auntie's shop. Too much of a good thing though ......
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin the Nog View Post
    As it's large and round rather than hot dog shaped it's a choux bun. I can see how it got it's 'elephant's foot' nickname.
    I used to love them. They were served up by the dozen as a treat for us kids helping out with stocktaking at an auntie's shop. Too much of a good thing though ......
    You can never have too many!

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by divechick View Post
    You can never have too many!
    The lady is quite right.
    Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    The lady is quite right.
    I suspect my then younger self would have gone back in for several more after throwing up in the car park, but my parents took me home.
    Perhaps I should've had more prawn vol au vent first before starting on the fresh cream cakes.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Perhaps I should've had more prawn vol au vent first before starting on the fresh cream cakes.
    They always were wrong on every level!!!

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Have just returned from 3 weeks north of the Arctic circle! Circumnavigation of Svalbard completed and as the weather was favourable the expedition ship travelled north until it got to the edge of the permanent sea ice where we found a male polar bear in it's natural sea ice environment. Polar bear was very curious so came to the edge of the ice to check us out. At that point we were less than 500 miles from the North Pole which sadly is an indication of the continuing retreat of year long sea ice. Marked retreat of glaciers within the Svalbard archipelago was also obvious.

In total we saw 26 polar bears 25 of which were on Svalbard archipelago they were scattered across the entire area the ship visited which in the general scale of things was very small. The presence of so many bears meant we were unable to land at a variety of historical sites. We were able to make a landing on an island which has always previously had summering bears on it. The tour leader who lives on Svalbard had never landed there before so it was very special, the previous trip had a large male there who had disappeared but had left the remains of a bear it had very recently killed and eaten along with older but also "recent" approx 8-10 weeks female remains that had had a GPS collar fitted. GPS collars can only be fitted to females as the male polar bear neck is larger than than his head!! Collar was collected and was going to to be returned to the research group who fitted it. The landscapes and geology were fascinating and very varied throughout even within a few 100 metres, the hunting/trapping industry from late 18,00s and early 19,00s has left many marks both animal "graveyards" and huts the hunters lived in.
    Whole trip was utterly brilliant 12 days on an expedition ship then flew to Tromso and took the express ferry through fjords to Haarstad rented a car then explored the Lofoten islands and locality. Saw many wonderful things and now have a potential new exploration itinerary.......
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    Have just returned from 3 weeks north of the Arctic circle! Circumnavigation of Svalbard completed and as the weather was favourable the expedition ship travelled north until it got to the edge of the permanent sea ice where we found a male polar bear in it's natural sea ice environment. Polar bear was very curious so came to the edge of the ice to check us out. At that point we were less than 500 miles from the North Pole which sadly is an indication of the continuing retreat of year long sea ice. Marked retreat of glaciers within the Svalbard archipelago was also obvious.

In total we saw 26 polar bears 25 of which were on Svalbard archipelago they were scattered across the entire area the ship visited which in the general scale of things was very small. The presence of so many bears meant we were unable to land at a variety of historical sites. We were able to make a landing on an island which has always previously had summering bears on it. The tour leader who lives on Svalbard had never landed there before so it was very special, the previous trip had a large male there who had disappeared but had left the remains of a bear it had very recently killed and eaten along with older but also "recent" approx 8-10 weeks female remains that had had a GPS collar fitted. GPS collars can only be fitted to females as the male polar bear neck is larger than than his head!! Collar was collected and was going to to be returned to the research group who fitted it. The landscapes and geology were fascinating and very varied throughout even within a few 100 metres, the hunting/trapping industry from late 18,00s and early 19,00s has left many marks both animal "graveyards" and huts the hunters lived in.
    Whole trip was utterly brilliant 12 days on an expedition ship then flew to Tromso and took the express ferry through fjords to Haarstad rented a car then explored the Lofoten islands and locality. Saw many wonderful things and now have a potential new exploration itinerary.......
    I'm more than a touch jealous

Currently making plans to drive to Knordkapp at the top of Norway next year in my little Nissan van. An epic trip by my standards of about 5,000 miles through half of Europe, hopefully taking in the Nordic Trophy truck show at Mantorp Park in Sweden on the way, and then in 2024 I'm looking at a wildlife cruise to the Antarctic as a 60th birthday present.

So much to see, so little time...

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange One. View Post
    I'm more than a touch jealous

Currently making plans to drive to Knordkapp at the top of Norway next year in my little Nissan van. An epic trip by my standards of about 5,000 miles through half of Europe, hopefully taking in the Nordic Trophy truck show at Mantorp Park in Sweden on the way, and then in 2024 I'm looking at a wildlife cruise to the Antarctic as a 60th birthday present.

So much to see, so little time...
    I am trying to figure out timings etc to do a similar trip but on a motorbike to see the Northern Lights whilst not frezing my nuts off. Sadly, I suspect that I am going to get a little cold but, like diving, you dress for the occasion so all will be well.
    Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info