Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    I did some diving with a Norwegian group a few years ago who were using welding shield gas. They'd played about with different flavours as the Ar/Co2 mixes were a hell of a lot cheaper than pure Ar. They found one with 8-10%'ish CO2 that worked well, anything above gave very sore skin. I remember one guy saying he liked the feeling of carbonic acid on his skin as it made him feel a bit warmer.
    Our TIG uses neat Ar. Handy
    Views expressed here are my own and are not representative of any organisation. If you would like an official reply, I suggest you ask the question on a website the organisation is responsible for, or contact them directly using the phone.
    https://www.facebook.com/BSACChairmanWoz/

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    .................I remember one guy saying he liked the feeling of carbonic acid on his skin as it made him feel a bit warmer.
    How does that work? - the CO2 would react with his sweat (wicked away into his under suit) to form carbonic acid, which in turn would react with said under suit (dissolve it), both reactions giving heat of reaction and his sore skin was hypersensitised to heat.....

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    How does that work? - the CO2 would react with his sweat (wicked away into his under suit) to form carbonic acid, which in turn would react with said under suit (dissolve it), both reactions giving heat of reaction and his sore skin was hypersensitised to heat.....
    My undersuits seems to dissolve quite happily on their own... I once thought I was having skin bends which suddenly stopped after I washed my thermals.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234