Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Soldering often makes them brittle. why not go coax?

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Don't see why not if I have space to use R22Ds, they probably wouldn't suit a P port application though.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Building a good rebreather with quality of shop brought unit is only limited by your access to the tools . I have a rEvo which I am in process of selling because I never use it as I prefer my own built . I do have a lathe and mill which I converted to cnc at my disposal. I have built my latest unit on a KISS Tube .It is mccr needle valve O2 addition and I have ADV built into head. Unit holds just under 3kg of sorb and can be fitted with front or back mounted counterlungs. As I have not got a clue how to upload pics to this page via URL you can see them at http://www.flickr.com/photos/cjk24851/

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hey up Chris, your work is very impressive

My master plan of IDA 71 didn't happen so I'm running with the meg/JJ/HH inspired unit. It will be more robust anyway.

Big collection of fag packet sketches at the moment but I've just about got the detail of the head parts. Just need to scrounge the use of a decent size lathe to whittle the ID of the cylinder I'm using as a body out to a convenient O ring size and I should be able to make the rest on my baby lathe.

Considering buying T pieces and the counterlung bulkheads as they look a right pain in the tits to make on the lathe, lots of different operations. Expensive parts though...

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Operation scrounger successful

hubba hubba

errrr now just considering completely redesigning it and doing away with the can around the sensors instead having them on a flat bulkhead/plate with the backs of them exposed to loop gas... just to make it loads easier to fit the VCD-1000 inside the head. Hmmmm...
    Last edited by WFO; 04-08-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Is that one of those valves that does constant mass flow with a normal, non-capped first stage and the flow won't vary with depth? I remember reading about them on RBW a couple of years ago.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    Is that one of those valves that does constant mass flow with a normal, non-capped first stage and the flow won't vary with depth? I remember reading about them on RBW a couple of years ago.
    yup

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    yup
    Have you given it a go yet? I was looking at one on Ebay the other day that was up for dead cheap and thought about having a punt. Just wondering if they are as good as they are cracked up to be.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
    Have you given it a go yet? I was looking at one on Ebay the other day that was up for dead cheap and thought about having a punt. Just wondering if they are as good as they are cracked up to be.
    No not touched it yet really was just looking to see how it will fit in the head.

I actually got this for less than buying a swagelok SS-SS2 needle valve

Membership Cancelled
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    No not touched it yet really was just looking to see how it will fit in the head.

I actually got this for less than buying a swagelok SS-SS2 needle valve
    Do you have details of where you can get them as I would be interested in trying one out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast