X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edward3c
    Established TDF Member
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Energy58
    Not sure how it works with Q cards - you only get one code with the SD Training Pack so do they have to pay for the SD card when they finally get that having used the code for the AOD card?
    There should be a code with the "Advanced Ocean Diver (AOD) Student Guide with QRB" pack, the "Advanced Ocean Diver to Sports Diver course materials" pack has its own code.

Comment

• Energy58
      Established TDF Member
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Edward3c
      There should be a code with the "Advanced Ocean Diver (AOD) Student Guide with QRB" pack, the "Advanced Ocean Diver to Sports Diver course materials" pack has its own code.
      Isn't the AOD stuff download only? I used a SD crossover pack and the downloaded sign off thingy so she now has a SD pack with no actual code

Comment

• Edward3c
        Established TDF Member
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Energy58
        Isn't the AOD stuff download only? I used a SD crossover pack and the downloaded sign off thingy so she now has a SD pack with no actual code
        There in lies the problem. You used the Sports Diver Crossover Pack which is to take another agency Diver from Open Water (or equivalent) to SD. The AOD is for OD or other agency Open Water (or equivalent) to AOD.

Comment

• bottle maker
          Established TDF Member
          • Dec 2012

There in lies the problem. You used the Sports Diver Crossover Pack which is to take another agency Diver from Open Water (or equivalent) to SD. The AOD is for OD or other agency Open Water (or equivalent) to AOD.
          If the student was an Open Water Diver you would use the SD cross over pack. If they needed the 30 meter qualification for a holiday and the branch did not have time to complete the full SD course what should they have done?

Graham

Comment

• Edward3c
            Established TDF Member
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by bottle maker
            If the student was an Open Water Diver you would use the SD cross over pack. If they needed the 30 meter qualification for a holiday and the branch did not have time to complete the full SD course what should they have done?

Graham
            "If you are an already qualified BSAC Ocean Diver (or other agency equivalent) and would like to extend your diving range progressively, then Advanced Ocean Diver is for you." on the AOD page.

Comment

• bottle maker
              Established TDF Member
              • Dec 2012

[QUOTE=Edward3c;481996]"If you are an already qualified BSAC Ocean Diver (or other agency equivalent) and would like to extend your diving range progressively, then Advanced Ocean Diver is for you." on the AOD page.[/QUOTE

If you go from Ocean diver to Sports diver you can effectively do it in two steps by completing AOD then finishing of SD, as I understand it you only one one training pack needs purchasing. Should this not be the same with cross over packs?

I am not trying to knock the BSAC just wondering if I have misunderstood or if an opportunity was missed?

Graham

Comment

• Edward3c
                Established TDF Member
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by bottle maker
                "If you are an already qualified BSAC Ocean Diver (or other agency equivalent) and would like to extend your diving range progressively, then Advanced Ocean Diver is for you." on the AOD page.
                If you go from Ocean diver to Sports diver you can effectively do it in two steps by completing AOD then finishing of SD, as I understand it you only one one training pack needs purchasing. Should this not be the same with cross over packs?

I am not trying to knock the BSAC just wondering if I have misunderstood or if an opportunity was missed?

Graham
                There are two routes from OD (or equivalent) to SD.
                1. Purchase the OD to SD pack, missing out the AOD qualification,
                2. Purchase the AOD pack then the AOD to SD pack.

The cost is the same for both routes.

Comment

• Energy58
                  Established TDF Member
                  • Jun 2014

There are two routes from OD (or equivalent) to SD.
                  1. Purchase the OD to SD pack, missing out the AOD qualification,
                  2. Purchase the AOD pack then the AOD to SD pack.

The cost is the same for both routes.
                  The BSAC website only lists the Crossover to SD pack - which is TP5 and includes the QRB - but there is a digital only version of the OD to AOD pack but that seems to only be a single file - how does she get a QRB? I already have the downloaded sign off sheet for AOD. She has TP5 but I can put that back into circulation at the club as we have a load of other agency divers who plan to do SD.

I do however think that it seems unnecessarily complicating things to have two packs to do the same thing!
                  Last edited by Energy58; 29-09-2022, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...