Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    [QUOTE=Edward3c;481996]"If you are an already qualified BSAC Ocean Diver (or other agency equivalent) and would like to extend your diving range progressively, then Advanced Ocean Diver is for you." on the AOD page.[/QUOTE

If you go from Ocean diver to Sports diver you can effectively do it in two steps by completing AOD then finishing of SD, as I understand it you only one one training pack needs purchasing. Should this not be the same with cross over packs?

I am not trying to knock the BSAC just wondering if I have misunderstood or if an opportunity was missed?

Graham

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by bottle maker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward3c View Post
    "If you are an already qualified BSAC Ocean Diver (or other agency equivalent) and would like to extend your diving range progressively, then Advanced Ocean Diver is for you." on the AOD page.
    If you go from Ocean diver to Sports diver you can effectively do it in two steps by completing AOD then finishing of SD, as I understand it you only one one training pack needs purchasing. Should this not be the same with cross over packs?

I am not trying to knock the BSAC just wondering if I have misunderstood or if an opportunity was missed?

Graham
    There are two routes from OD (or equivalent) to SD.
    1. Purchase the OD to SD pack, missing out the AOD qualification,
    2. Purchase the AOD pack then the AOD to SD pack.

The cost is the same for both routes.

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward3c View Post
    There are two routes from OD (or equivalent) to SD.
    1. Purchase the OD to SD pack, missing out the AOD qualification,
    2. Purchase the AOD pack then the AOD to SD pack.

The cost is the same for both routes.
    The BSAC website only lists the Crossover to SD pack - which is TP5 and includes the QRB - but there is a digital only version of the OD to AOD pack but that seems to only be a single file - how does she get a QRB? I already have the downloaded sign off sheet for AOD. She has TP5 but I can put that back into circulation at the club as we have a load of other agency divers who plan to do SD.

I do however think that it seems unnecessarily complicating things to have two packs to do the same thing!
    Last edited by Energy58; 29-09-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123