X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim Digger
    Prior Member
    • Feb 2013

July 2022 Non U?W Photo Competition. Cats & Dogs

So we need to get populist for a few more entries. I know there a lot of dog owners and at least one with access to plenty of cats. So this months theme is Cats and Dogs, not rain but the real animals. These can be quite difficult or easy to take and so I hope to persuade those voting to go on technical merit as well as AAHH! factor. So please your best efforts on Cats and Dogs (Either or both).

Just as a taster here's Elvis from a few Christmases ago, as a whippet he is quite used to wearing clothes and needs them sometimes.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger
  • Georgina
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Cairo Street Cat - backstreets near the Pyramids - survival of the fittest.

..........o ><)))*>
    .......O o
    . ><)))*>...o
    Georgina

Comment

• Tim Digger
      Prior Member
      • Feb 2013

This competition will close around the 28th when I get back from Tour de Mont Blanc. Hopefully having completed it.
      Tim Digger

Comment

• jamesp
        Established TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Tim Digger
        This competition will close around the 28th when I get back from Tour de Mont Blanc. Hopefully having completed it.
        Reports of record high temperatures on Glaciers at Chamonix.

Comment

• Tim Digger
          Prior Member
          • Feb 2013

No snow on route assured by friends doing the Tour last week. I was saddened by the collapse of the glacier on Marmolada https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62029780 I remember descending over it after the ascent of the West ridge Via Ferrata.

View from summit 2005
          Tim Digger

Comment

• steelemonkey
            Established TDF Member
            • Dec 2012

Ok Tim, I give up. I have been staring at your photo for an hour now and still can't see the cat or dog.
            Paul.
            If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
            Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• steelemonkey
              Established TDF Member
              • Dec 2012

These can be quite difficult or easy to take and so I hope to persuade those voting to go on technical merit as well as AAHH! factor.
              Up pops Georgina, setting the bar high with great composition, depth of field, exposure and focus.
              Last edited by steelemonkey; 11-07-2022, 10:12 AM.
              Paul.
              If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
              Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• Georgina
                Established TDF Member
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by steelemonkey
                Up pops Georgina, setting the bar high with great composition, depth of field, exposure and focus.

Wow, thank you
                ..........o ><)))*>
                .......O o
                . ><)))*>...o
                Georgina

Comment

• Tim Digger
                  Prior Member
                  • Feb 2013

Ok Tim, I give up. I have been staring at your photo for an hour now and still can't see the cat or dog.
                  Ahh! Wrong thread Grommet!
                  Tim Digger

Comment

• Tim Digger
                    Prior Member
                    • Feb 2013

Indeed So come on all you dog owners, lets have a soulful canine with all the virtues.
                    Tim Digger

Comment

• Finless
                      Established TDF Member
                      • Dec 2012

And a nice pussy too. Very photogenic.
                      Last edited by Finless; 12-07-2022, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• steelemonkey
                        Established TDF Member
                        • Dec 2012

Indeed So come on all you dog owners, lets have a soulful canine with all the virtues.
                        Or, as Homer Simpson said when he tried to cross a dog with a cat, a super animal with the loyalty of a cat and the cleanliness of a dog.
                        Paul.

Comment

• jturner
                          Established TDF Member
                          • Jan 2013

I'd try but the forum never ever shares any of my pictures even after following the FAQs.
                          The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I worked for etc.

Comment

• Tim Digger
                            Prior Member
                            • Feb 2013

You need a separate hosting service. I use Postimage.cc Set that up (having first read T&Cs) and the get the link provided and paste it into your post. I do have all the photos I have posted in one place and can erase them if I want (though its a bit difficult,
                            Tim Digger

Comment

• a1sysman
                              TDF Member
                              • Mar 2017

Image not posed. One of our rescue cats, Stinky. She was adopted by us when she was young, pregnant and suffering from Gingivitis - thus the name Stinky - and was she! Now look at her...

Libens, volens, potens

Comment

Working...