Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manifold Help

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkP View Post
    The manifold length is dependent on both the cylinders' diameters and the twinning bands. Older school bands such as the hideous spot welded Custom Diver abominations had a football pitch or two between cylinders, whereas Highland Mill kept the cylinders as close together as possible.

I suspect it's likely that Euros will use a more modern manifold. For what it's worth, my flat bottomed Euros have V4Tec bands and the (just measured) spacing between valve centres is 185mm. OK, so according to the vernier it's 184.88mm, but that might just be how I measured...
    Thanks, I thought that might be case, but I'm not sure which bands are on it and I don't have it here since it's at the testing centre. I have sent them a note to ask...

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylona View Post
    My dive buddy has a brand new manifold, he bought a twinset from beaver less than a year ago and used the cylinders for sidemounting.

Never been wet

I can put you in touch if keen
    Thanks - would be good to know the brand and sizing?

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bloss View Post
    Thanks - would be good to know the brand and sizing?
    He also has the twinning bands, again, never been wet

Im guessing the manifold measurement is matched to the twinning bands

Theres loads of drawings here - http://www.beaversports.co.uk/Catalo...?cat=twin-sets (Look at the 12L 232Bar drawings)

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The manifold length is dependent on both the cylinders' diameters and the twinning bands. Older school bands such as the hideous spot welded Custom Diver abominations had a football pitch or two between cylinders, whereas Highland Mill kept the cylinders as close together as possible.

I suspect it's likely that Euros will use a more modern manifold. For what it's worth, my flat bottomed Euros have V4Tec bands and the (just measured) spacing between valve centres is 185mm. OK, so according to the vernier it's 184.88mm, but that might just be how I measured...
    I think that's the problem with the bands I've got. They are SDS which I think were sized for Faber 12's and the old style MDE manifold which matched exactly my old set up. But the shop testing them decided that one side of the manifold failed and I couldn't find spares. Even MDE say they no longer have any. So meant a new manifold and new bands... forget it.

You're right about CD. All they've ever done is copy other manufacturers without actually understanding why the original piece of kit worked the way it did.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Perhaps your Vernier needs calibrating.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    Perhaps your Vernier needs calibrating.
    To be fair, hes lined the valve centers up by eye and managed to get it within 0.12mm thats pretty well calibrated eyesight!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    According to the test centre it won't go back together once it came apart for testing...
    Argghhhh sounds liike one of them break the laws of physics manifolds ... they are having you on

Happy atheist, despite the "evidence"...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylona View Post
    To be fair, hes lined the valve centers up by eye and managed to get it within 0.12mm thats pretty well calibrated eyesight!
    Dimples!
    Happy to be a woke* feminist SJ(K)W snowflake in a godless universe, no matter what some experts think. And Braun was a twat who's not missed. At all.

* Had to add woke; couldn't resist.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    Argghhhh sounds liike one of them break the laws of physics manifolds ... they are having you on
    Seriously? Actually, a question. If the bottles are tested, then I guess there is nothing to prevent me collecting it all and see whether it goes back together myself. I don't actually "need" the centre to sort out the manifold issue?
    Last edited by Andy Bloss; 23-06-2022 at 10:13 AM. Reason: question

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Seriously? Actually, a question. If the bottles are tested, then I guess there is nothing to prevent me collecting it all and see whether it goes back together myself. I don't actually "need" the centre to sort out the manifold issue?
    I have seen a lot of manifolds all over the world that are bent but functionally fine... yours presumably was fine till they told you it wasn't

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast