Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: VPN (again).

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

VPN (again).

I am trying to find a VPN service with the most UK servers so that someone with special needs may access Sky Go from Spain over a period of 3 weeks.

I am hoping that one of you lovely TDFers has specific experience of doing this and can recommend a service to use.

I have advised those that need to know that there isn't too much point doing advance research because network TV streaming providers will block such VPN IP addresses as soon as they identified etc so just wait until you are there and see what works (might need to take out a couple of subscriptions).

I am presupposing (my research suggests that I am presupposing correctly) that there is no sanctioned way to view this from Spain.

Any hints/tips would be gratefully received. Am I over-exaggerating/estimating the constancy of the battle?
    Last edited by Finless; 04-05-2022 at 02:15 PM.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I use Nord VPN and find them very good.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Established TDF Member
    a city about as far form the sea as you can get in the UK
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A lot of high end home and small business routers have a built in VPN server and this then allows you (or someone else you have set up credentials for) to VPN to your home broadband.

This is what I do when I am away and want to appear in the UK, but it did mean buying my own router rather than using the one that my ISP would have provided.

Established TDF Member
    a city about as far form the sea as you can get in the UK
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It can also be done from a Raspberry Pi with simple instructions that are out on the web

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I live in Cyprus,I use Express VPN,can't fault it,have tried others but this in my opinion is the best.