Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

sofnolime through airport security UK & Egypt

Hi, looking at other threads it seems that taking lime through an airport is not too horrible so long as I have the MSDS printed and handy (here's the UK & EU one BTW if anyone wants it UK & EU MSDS Molecular Products)

Is that still the case? I'll be travelling from the UK to Egypt next month with some.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MinimalMayhem View Post
    Hi, looking at other threads it seems that taking lime through an airport is not too horrible so long as I have the MSDS printed and handy (here's the UK & EU one BTW if anyone wants it UK & EU MSDS Molecular Products)

Is that still the case? I'll be travelling from the UK to Egypt next month with some.
    Didn't work for our divers in Jan. They refused to carry the lot, despite having copies of the MSDS to hand, having checked with the airline in advance and even the label saying "this stuff is ok to fly on normal planes". The baggage handlers saw the hazard label on the tubs' label and told the captain it was hazardous and he said no, and that was that. When they protested, they nearly got kicked off the plane. The whole lot was taken off the plane and then "lost" by the baggage handlers when they came to collect it on the way home. Good luck!
    The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I work for etc.