Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDAC Closed?

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

NDAC Closed?

Was looking at booking a dive slot at NDAC later this month but the website says
    The National Diving & Activity Centre is currently closed until further notice.
    Anyone know if its a short term thing or what's happened?

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Last lockdown they took ages to reopen - maybe the same again

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They do seem a bit slow on reopening again, I'm hoping for half term, but we'll see.
    Find us on FB - Casnewydd Scuba.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I asked about this weekend (5th/6th Feb) as we were hoping to be diving and got a response.

Hi Ken,

Thank you for the email we are closed at the weekend please check our website as we will update this as the time goes by. As it stands at the moment we are closed until further notice.

Kind Regards
    NDAC

The National Diving and Activity Centre
    Tidenham
    Chepstow
    Gloucestershire
    NP16 7LQ

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Everywhere else in the UK is open, including nightclubs, football stadiums, and every other dive center.............. apart from NDAC

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylona View Post
    Everywhere else in the UK is open, including nightclubs, football stadiums, and every other dive center.............. apart from NDAC
    It is in the Forest of Dean though...

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylona View Post
    I did hear some rumblings on the grapevine* about them having the military signed up on some contract or other, which brought enough money in to keep the place closed to the public but ticking over until the season for diving and their other activities really gets started. If they're lucky enough to be able to score something like that, why wouldn't they? It costs quite a bit to open a site like that for a handful of divers.

* as it's a rumour, this could all be lobbox BTW so bear that in mind.
    The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I work for etc.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner View Post
    I did hear some rumblings on the grapevine* about them having the military signed up on some contract or other, which brought enough money in to keep the place closed to the public but ticking over until the season for diving and their other activities really gets started. If they're lucky enough to be able to score something like that, why wouldn't they? It costs quite a bit to open a site like that for a handful of divers.

* as it's a rumour, this could all be lobbox BTW so bear that in mind.
    The military and several police forces use NDAC regularly, sometimes it's exclusive use. Considering the coffee machines make more profit than the diving side, what would any owner do?
    Find us on FB - Casnewydd Scuba.

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They don't respond to emails or messages or answer the phone even when they are open. I really hope they are OK and will be open again soon, but I also really hope they can respond to emails and let me know if I can have a refund / credit note for cancelled dives. If / when they do re-open I hope customer service improves. Fingers crossed!
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Its a pain for us club diving.
    Weather isnt great and sea is a long drive. Vobster is full and not taking new members so the only dive option really now is a 2hr drive to Stoney.

The whole setup has been odd the last few years, looking at the website it was hard to see it was actually a dive site. Lots of scrolling and hunting to get any information about diving (or booking it) so not sure what their overall plan is/was.

Can't see why the MoD would want to buy a huge site when it can already use the place as often as it wants on a rental basis so that part of the story seems odd to me.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast