Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    Yes indeed - when you get made to measure you need to make sure they are indeed making the suit for you and not someone who is very differently shaped .

Personally I prefer a stock suit since its a known quantity (in my experience with DUI 95% of people fit an extended stock size) and you don't have to make sure your personal definition of a good fit is aligned with manufacturer's definition.
    The Santi definition of a good fit seems to be really tight on the chest and torso. Whenever I see a FB post of "look at our customer with their new suit" it always reminds me of Hannibal Lecter in his boiler suit.

Anyway I went OThree a few years back after years of diving membrane. Much nicer. Yes it's heavier for travel but it's more flexible especially in the crotch area when climbing ladders. You don't get that immediate "stop" you get with membranes. Plus with the give, I can get everything from a thin base layer to an undersuit plus Arctics underneath it. And a heated vest.
    Last edited by Woz; 23-11-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    The Santi definition of a good fit seems to be really tight on the chest and torso. Whenever I see a FB post of "look at our customer with their new suit" it always reminds me of Hannibal Lecter in his boiler suit.

Anyway I went OThree a few years back after years of diving membrane. Much nicer. Yes it's heavier for travel but it's more flexible especially in the crotch area when climbing ladders. You don't get that immediate "stop" you get with membranes. Plus with the give, I can get everything from a thin base layer to an undersuit plus Arctics underneath it. And a heated vest.
    I do see folks struggling to get on valves because of "that" fit - not sure if its because more folks are wearing them or a systemic issue ...

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    I had much the same with my Azdry, whereas my Predator is reasonably roomy in the chest and shoulder area where you need the flexibility, but tighter in the legs where you don't
    See http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/ for trip reports including Grand Cayman, Tulum and the Philippines

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I am in a similar situation. My issue is not simply the fit but being able to obtain repairs in a reasonably timely manner.
    At the moment I am leaning towards Hydrotech based near Stoney Cove in Leicestershire
    http://www.hydrotech.co.uk/scuba/pro...hp?group=Suits

A couple of friends have been using these suits for years and they are adamant that these are the best suits they have ever worn. MTM is available.

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    Yes indeed - when you get made to measure you need to make sure they are indeed making the suit for you and not someone who is very differently shaped .

Personally I prefer a stock suit since its a known quantity (in my experience with DUI 95% of people fit an extended stock size) and you don't have to make sure your personal definition of a good fit is aligned with manufacturer's definition.
    Think a lot of "made to measure" are actually assembled from a kit of parts. My O3 certainly looks that way - but then I am a fairly standard (large) size so it works for me, I have heard real nightmares of MTM laminate suits which were clearly made to fit someone else but Otter seem to get a good press

TDF Member
    a city about as far form the sea as you can get in the UK
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Another vote for Denis and Predator, you have to be able to listen when you visit him as he can talk for the UK.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    To clarify O’three made to measure is made in Portland Dorset. If you buy an off the peg , which they’ll alter if required, yes it’s made in China.

I was put off predator by long lead times and reports of poor communication around repairs.

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanny View Post
    To clarify O’three made to measure is made in Portland Dorset. If you buy an off the peg , which they’ll alter if required, yes it’s made in China.

I was put off predator by long lead times and reports of poor communication around repairs.
    I think everyone is suffering from long lead times after lockdown to be fair - even for simple repairs

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian@1904 View Post
    I am in a similar situation. My issue is not simply the fit but being able to obtain repairs in a reasonably timely manner.
    At the moment I am leaning towards Hydrotech based near Stoney Cove in Leicestershire
    http://www.hydrotech.co.uk/scuba/pro...hp?group=Suits

A couple of friends have been using these suits for years and they are adamant that these are the best suits they have ever worn. MTM is available.
    I am based in the midlands, so hydrotech is closer than the south coast (only by an hour or two though) - what are the rough prices for hydrotech?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    I am based in the midlands, so hydrotech is closer than the south coast (only by an hour or two though) - what are the rough prices for hydrotech?
    Basic suit £950 ish

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast