Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian@1904 View Post
    Basic suit £950 ish
    Thanks Ian, and thank you everyone for the responses.
    Am still undecided at this stage and I've put out requests to a few of these over the last few days, none of which have responded yet -covid/xmas/busy/can't be bothered - not sure, but simple things like that always make the difference, esp if I'm about to drop up to £1500.
    thanks again people.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Am still undecided at this stage and I've put out requests to a few of these over the last few days, none of which have responded yet -covid/xmas/busy/can't be bothered - not sure, but simple things like that always make the difference, esp if I'm about to drop up to £1500.
    thanks again people.
    If you're a BSAC member and your going to buy from one of our partners, you get a discount. Could be more than the year's membership; with Otter its 10% = £150 off your £1,500.

If your not a member, why not join, see here.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    The Santi definition of a good fit seems to be really tight on the chest and torso. Whenever I see a FB post of "look at our customer with their new suit" it always reminds me of Hannibal Lecter in his boiler suit.

Anyway I went OThree a few years back after years of diving membrane. Much nicer. Yes it's heavier for travel but it's more flexible especially in the crotch area when climbing ladders. You don't get that immediate "stop" you get with membranes. Plus with the give, I can get everything from a thin base layer to an undersuit plus Arctics underneath it. And a heated vest.
    What happened to the bargain DUI?

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward3c View Post
    If you're a BSAC member and your going to buy from one of our partners, you get a discount. Could be more than the year's membership; with Otter its 10% = £150 off your £1,500.

If your not a member, why not join, see here.
    Thanks Edward - good to know.
    I'm actually moving from an SAA club that doesn't have enough members to be quorate, to a local BSAC club that has 40+ active members :=)

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanny View Post
    Your location might affect your choice but ; O’three - Portland Dorset , predominately neoprene Suits but now have a trilam option. Otter tup north , predominantly trilaminate but with neoprene option. Hammond - Kent - trilam. You may find they do on line fitting , O’three do and are my personal choice.
    thanks Vanny.
    Well, Otter is 150 miles & 2 hours 50 away
    Predator down south is 128 miles and 2 hours 40 mins away
    O'Three is 147 miles & 3 hours & 6 mins away (I must confess I had not come across O'Three before), and
    Hammond is 170 miles away on the other side of the M25, so approx. several days I reckon

I'll skip Hammond will/am approach the others & see how I get on.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    thanks again people.
    I left a message via website to Hydrotech and they rang me about 30 minutes later. Just saying.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've just paid for an O'Three - I sent my measurements in, I was close to an off the shelf suit so they posted it next day delivery try on. I've sent them photos, and can jump on a video call with them so they can check for adjustments if needed.

I'm still tempted to drive down there to get measured up properly, but service so far has been great

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Basiiil View Post
    I've just paid for an O'Three - I sent my measurements in, I was close to an off the shelf suit so they posted it next day delivery try on. I've sent them photos, and can jump on a video call with them so they can check for adjustments if needed.

I'm still tempted to drive down there to get measured up properly, but service so far has been great
    That service they have is great. I was between sizes medium and large so they sent me both to see. Then I sent back the suits, marked the adjustments and emailed them pics of me in the suits and they changed boots & shortened legs to suit me. Took about 6 weeks to get my new suit from time of starting my enquiries.

That was May & June 2020 so nit sure what lead times are currently
    JJ wanker

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Basiiil View Post

I sent my details in & got a call this morning; I will be paying them a visit in the new year. Their quality anecdotally on forums does seem to match their customer service too.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've had many suits over the years. My favourite so far is the DUI CF200. It's flexible and made from crushed (not compressed) neoprene that looks like it could take a shotgun blast. Heavy, though, and eye-wateringly expensive at well over £2k. They used to do a half and half (neo legs, membrane top) not sure if they still do. Not made in the UK (any more) though.
    OThree is nice and my current suit. I did have to replace the zip myself as their turnaround was 3 months which is useless in the middle of a dive season. Otter's turnaround was 2 weeks and was cheap as chips even on an OThree suit.
    I've had a few membranes over the years from Seaskin to Otter (three times) and found them pretty good too, but just not as warm and because of the folds, I find them less hydrodynamic. I had a day in Stoney diving 5 different suits back to back and really noticed the difference. One kick in a well fitting neo and you whizz along.
    One manufacturer I wouldn't use is Hollis. Everyone I know who has had one does 2 dives in it then sends it back (again) as it's wet. I think they have stopped making them now as it was costing them a fortune to sort out the "lifetime warranty" problems.
    I did look at the Hydrotech ones and they seem nicely made from compressed neo. The people I know with them seem happy.
    Last edited by Woz; 25-11-2021 at 03:14 PM.
    I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast