Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concert Review

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    One of my favourite bands - Anathema - have gone very quiet after Covid wiped out their savings to the extent that they have stopped pretty well all activity. They were about to go out on tour and then the pandemic struck and they had all of the expenses but no ticket sales. I suspect that they are not alone.
    Yes, that was sad news, especially as they'd recently put out their best album in years IMHO.

We're pretty lucky around here though with loads of shows taking place. Next for me is Snuff at the Bodega, which should be a rowdy evening out! They're pretty hectic in a small space! Sadly, I'm going to miss a few upcoming shows thanks to moving away or work (eg Ozzie Pink Floyd) but if we can make it to the end of Feb before the cut off date, that would line up a load more shows (Ruts DC/Stranglers, Turnstile, Delta Sleep, Paradise Lost/Moonspell and maybe even a little Jah Wobble!
    The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I work for etc.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    Well, on the same lines that we have the Film Review I wondered how many people are actually going to concerts nowadays - the media report the live music is having a resurgence - Covid aside.

The last concert I went to was Steve Hackett at Nottingham Royal Concert Hall last month. The concert was based on the premise of playing the whole of the Genesis live album Seconds Out plus some other music.

Well, the first section was mainly Steve’s solo work and jolly good it was too. The second half was for most people the main event - and it did not disappoint - the band are very tight and Steve has not lost any of his ability with the guitar. The vocals were good - too often the music has been good for older bands but the vocals have let the down as the voice loses its dexterity and range with time. The light show was smaller than the original event but modern technology allowed full use of the reduced numbers of lights to balance up the numbers.

Anyway, I am seeing the same show again next year at Fairport Convention’s Cropredy festival and i am really looking forward to it.
    Seriously considering walking there, next summer. Have thought about it for last 5 years. Just never happened pre covid. Free camping for walkers I understand.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I am still waiting for a new date for a Nick Mason concert. Been re-scheduled a number of times now.
    Also wondering what has happened to my years admission to Portland dockyard. I must ask if they are prepared to extend the time limit.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    Seriously considering walking there, next summer. Have thought about it for last 5 years. Just never happened pre covid. Free camping for walkers I understand.
    It is indeed - but as the tickets for next year include the people that bought tickets for 2020 and 2021 you will need to be nippy so here is a little hand to get you started - https://www.fairportconvention.com/. HTH
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ta. But I get the newsletter anyway.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12