Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    You will have to declare them and pay import tax anyway.
    I was meaning the UN dangerous goods declaration - removers get very twitchy about that! Generally personal effects are tax free if you are properly moving countries - you may need to get a customs form before you arrive to smooth the path; vehicles are generally subject to special rules (hence the squaddies importing hot hatches after a year in Germany)

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Energy58 View Post
    I was meaning the UN dangerous goods declaration - removers get very twitchy about that! Generally personal effects are tax free if you are properly moving countries - you may need to get a customs form before you arrive to smooth the path; vehicles are generally subject to special rules (hence the squaddies importing hot hatches after a year in Germany)
    For the cylinders if the valves are physically removed they are not required to be declared under UN - I moved about 20 by sea with no special declaration; just as sports equipment

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks all for the advice, I will take them as is and get them tested when I need to. As for moving them I will just stick them in my camper when I do the last trip. Not taking the valves out I have a trimix fill that needs using or decanting but no way am I wasting it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12