Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cyprus Zenobia October 2021

Half term trip. Four days of diving for the family (four of us, two late teens boys) with alpha divers staying in Larnaca bay close to the marina.
    This was our first visit to Cyprus.

Boys did deep and nitrox course.
    All but one of the dives was on the Zenobia, the other dive was on the artificial reef the Elpida.

The Elpida is okay, felt kind of like a big grown up Stanegarth (if you’ve been to Stoney).

We had all dived fairly recently so diving started with an orientation on the wreck followed by various penetration dives. When I say penetration though they were really sort of like cavern dives with an exit almost always visible. There was very little silt where we went so despite being at the back the vis was still okay inside ��. Not much fish life, there was a bit though and the resident turtle made an appearance on one dive and we saw a few barracuda too.

Water temperatures were good, generally 24C or thereabouts, which was fine for 40-50 minute dives with a two piece 5mm wetsuit without gloves or hood (even for me, who gets cold in the bath��).
    Vis was excellent, 20m+.

Most dives were in the 30-40m range.

Rental kit was good, xdeep wing/backplate and mares regs, though one of the purge ‘cover’ on an octo broke when pressed on the boat!

Hire kit to support me on my ccr was no problem (2L O2, sidemount AL80s). Sofnolime wasn’t cheap though so might be an idea to bring your own if you’ve got the luggage capacity.

Boat was big and spacious with two ladders though we only needed one out - the most we had was eleven divers on the boat plus guides though usually it was only six or eight divers.

Meet up time was 8am at the centre or 8.30 by the boat. Usually done for the day (two dives) by 1pm.

Alpha divers gave us a courtesy car for the week, which was brilliant. You definitely want a car here.

Finally, watch out for organising testing on your return- we had all sorts of dramas with organising tests and getting them delivered on time!

Some pics below, all shot without extra lighting, so you can get a feel for how good the vis was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MinimalMayhem; 02-11-2021 at 07:59 PM.