Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

New member account, guidance please...

Hi admins

I emailed admin@thediveforum.com but this was returned as a failure to deliver mail: "unknown user". Is there a working admin generic email address please?

The subject matter of my email read as follows...

I have persuaded a dive buddy of mine to join the Dive Forum. He was struggling with getting past the can you spell question (I kid you not). On his phone he could not see the line requesting the user to input the x character in the word displayed, so was trying to input either yes or no answer. Anyway, we got past that by my creating his account for him.

He can successfully log in now (as user GGCY) but cannot contribute to a photo comp thread. I log in and I have an option button to reply to the thread.

Is there a period of quarantine or something before a new user can contribute to a thread please?

I also looked at the member list, navigated though the "G" list - I cannot see a new user "GGCY".

For testing purposes I can log in as GGCY as can my dive buddy, so why cannot I see the member user name in the member list?

Hope you can help.

TIA

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    staff@thediveforum.com

There's a 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.
    Mah N Mah N

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    staff@thediveforum.com

There's a 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.
    Thanks Adrian. I will try that email addy. I hadn't noticed the contact us link at the foot of pages.

It does not help when here... https://www.thediveforum.com/misc.php?do=showrules, under paras numbered 10 and 12, the email addy is as stated in my OP.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by a1sysman View Post
    Thanks Adrian. I will try that email addy. I hadn't noticed the contact us link at the foot of pages.

It does not help when here... https://www.thediveforum.com/misc.php?do=showrules, under paras numbered 10 and 12, the email addy is as stated in my OP.
    Fair point. I suspect that you might be one of the few who've actually read all the way through that. Deserves some applause.
    Mah N Mah N

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All he (GGCY) wants to do is contribute to the forum.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've sent a message to the mods, hopefully they can help with your original questions.
    Mah N Mah N

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by a1sysman View Post
    Hi admins

I emailed admin@thediveforum.com but this was returned as a failure to deliver mail: "unknown user". Is there a working admin generic email address please?

The subject matter of my email read as follows...

I have persuaded a dive buddy of mine to join the Dive Forum. He was struggling with getting past the “can you spell” question (I kid you not). On his phone he could not see the line requesting the user to input the x character in the word displayed, so was trying to input either “yes” or “no” answer. Anyway, we got past that by my creating his account for him.

He can successfully log in now (as user GGCY) but cannot contribute to a photo comp thread. I log in and I have an option button to reply to the thread.

Is there a period of quarantine or something before a new user can contribute to a thread please?

I also looked at the member list, navigated though the "G" list - I cannot see a new user "GGCY".

For testing purposes I can log in as GGCY as can my dive buddy, so why cannot I see the member user name in the member list?

Hope you can help.

TIA

Hi,

Unfortunately we are forced to run the membership in moderate mode - approving new members purely due to the spammers and other undesireables who would like to register and draw you to their websites.

Your friend is now fully registered - as I have approved his account. He will be able to post to the forum.
    Cheers!
    Wilbo
    - Forum Admin.

www.thediveforum.com - invite your friends.. Lets not make this a good forum. Lets make this a great forum!

GiffGaff - a proper unlimited data tariff..