Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    When we were rich and had our fast car (Lancia Delta Integrale) people would politely race with us in Italy and Germany on the nice straight roads. It was very sweet - they'd gradually fight to overtake, waving and smiling, then pull in so we could have a go.
    Ooh, nice!
    I used to have a Delta HF Turbo. I wish I'd saved a bit more money for the Integrale.
    (Seeing the value of them now, I wish I'd kept and stored the HF rather than selling it to my mate for parts, but it was getting a bit rusty)
    Proud to be a boring health and softy crap following sissie!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I wish we'd kept the Integrale - the bloke we sold it to drove it into a tree within a week.
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    If you strap an Italian's arms to their sides, they can't speak! Never stand close to an Italian when he's talking or even worse when he's driving. I remember being driven by our manager out in Italy and talking to him when he was driving resulted in him taking both hands off the wheel to gesticulate!
    I had an Italian colleague who, when he got too animated in a meeting, we used to make sit on his hands. He went very quiet.

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think this may come down to the van's stated weight rather than any modifications to make it dual purpose or a camper.
    And how are you measuring your speed? Speedo or sat nav? Despite all the urban myths no-one is chasing you for doing 1mph over the limit. Drive to your sat nav speed indication and you'll have no worries and will still be overtaking most motorists.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    Ooh, nice!
    I used to have a Delta HF Turbo. I wish I'd saved a bit more money for the Integrale.
    (Seeing the value of them now, I wish I'd kept and stored the HF rather than selling it to my mate for parts, but it was getting a bit rusty)
    So about six months old then.

Friend of mine in school, his dad (kept a pub) had a succession of Delta HFs.

Never kept any of them very long!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin the Nog View Post
    I think this may come down to the van's stated weight rather than any modifications to make it dual purpose or a camper.
    And how are you measuring your speed? Speedo or sat nav? Despite all the urban myths no-one is chasing you for doing 1mph over the limit. Drive to your sat nav speed indication and you'll have no worries and will still be overtaking most motorists.
    A panel van is subject to goods speed limitations. If you re-register it as a camper it is not. No modifications are required, just a change of VED category. Car based vans (Astra, Corsa etc) are not subject to discrimination by the blue meanines.
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggin the Nog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    A panel van is subject to goods speed limitations. If you re-register it as a camper it is not. No modifications are required, just a change of VED category. Car based vans (Astra, Corsa etc) are not subject to discrimination by the blue meanines.
    My van is registered as commercial and it's weight means that it is limited to 50 on singles carriageways and 60 on duals. That's why I was wondering if the cameras can tell the difference.
    Once I have finished putting in all the bits that the DVLC want, I will attempt to get it re-registered as a campervan. Apparently this is not easy to do nowadays.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Really don't bother unless you have a pressing reason and desperately want to have lovely stickers added down the sides. Our 5.5m long van is registered as a car.

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    Really don't bother unless you have a pressing reason and desperately want to have lovely stickers added down the sides. Our 5.5m long van is registered as a car.
    I am wondering if it is worth the hassle. I have to fit a table and another window as well as the stickers. All I seem to gain is an extra ten miles an hour and, possibly slightly cheaper insurance.
    There is also the advantages of just looking like another white van. I can drive past your house without ducking.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yes. Keep doing that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast