Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Viagogo

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Viagogo

Have you had any experience with Viagogo, the tickets seller for concerts and such like.

We had a run in with them from the Summer and although it got resolved it was not until they tried to shut me down
    with their first, second, third or even tenth refusal to accept any responsibility.

In the end I emailed the CEO directly and within 12 hours we had an email saying they have reviewed our case and would
    refund the money in full. We have yet to see the money but I know it takes a few days to show up in the bank.

I used Viagogo for the first time earlier this year and chose the company because I had heard good reviews of it.
    Unfortunately I had a very expensive and disappointing lesson in the opposite.

In brief we purchased tickets for a concert near Edinburgh and paid in full which also included postage to either our address or an alternate address.
    We were traveling on holiday for two weeks before the concert and unfortunately we never received the tickets because they were not sent out.
    On the morning of the concert at 2am we received an email stating that the tickets were now E-tickets and we needed to download them and print them off.

As I said earlier we were living in hotels with only a phone and no print facilities. We did not receive our actual tickets as agreed and when we
    complained we were given bland automated answers about how Viagogo would look into the issue and accept no responsibility.

I kept all the evidence of all the communications going back to May but unfortunately Viagogo customer services wouldn't acknowledge that we ordered
    and paid for tickets to be delivered to an address before the concert. Those tickets did not arrive and all we were told was unfortunately Viagogo are unable to refund the money.

Six weeks after the concert and countless communications it only got sorted when I went to the CEO.

So if you think you are in the right and you have proof I would recommend emailing the CEO and explain directly to them.
    There are a few find the companies CEO web sites out there and it took one email.

So I don't think I'll ever use Viagogo again but fortunately we did get a resolution to our case.

taz
    .. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post

Have you had any experience with Viagogo, the tickets seller for concerts and such like.
    Yeah, utter shit. Customer support is non-existent. Would never use them again.

Plus companies like them and StubHub fuel ticket scalping.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In truth and maybe a bit naively we did not totally understand how they worked.
    It was only after we had paid in full did we get to look at the list of terms and conditions.

So like you I don't think i'll use them again.

taz

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post

In truth and maybe a bit naively we did not totally understand how they worked.
    It was only after we had paid in full did we get to look at the list of terms and conditions.

So like you I don't think i'll use them again.

taz

Yeah, they're a reseller so your tickets may or may not be coming from the original vendor so their prices can be really crap too. They had a massive fine in Australia not that long ago for breaking consumer protection laws over their inflated pricing.

Shit companies both them and Stubhub. I'd avoid them like the plague, especially as they encourage so much scalping. I've seen big event ticket sales sell out almost instantly and yet they appear on these sites at a massive mark-up and in huge numbers at exactly the same time. Hard to see how that can happen without a bit of "assistance" from them. The way they promote events is really misleading too as it makes it look like they are an "official" outlet but their prices are usually a hell of a lot higher.
    Last edited by notdeadyet; 15-10-2021 at 10:49 AM.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England