Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Deepest Sussex
    Posts
    1,476
    Likes (Given)
    963
    Likes (Received)
    850
    Blog Entries
    2

    Rotting Red Sea oil tanker could leave 8m people without water

    The impact of an oil spill in the Red Sea from a tanker that is rotting in the water could be far wider than anticipated, with 8 million people losing access to running water and Yemen’s Red Sea fishing stock destroyed within three weeks.


    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp

  2. #2
    Established TDF Member taz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Yorkshire of course.
    Posts
    726
    Likes (Given)
    589
    Likes (Received)
    295
    .

    With the amount of wars started over oil you'd think somebody would want 1 million barrels of the stuff.

    taz

    .
    .. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

  3. #3
    Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Belper, Europe
    Posts
    3,346
    Likes (Given)
    2267
    Likes (Received)
    2056
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Clamp View Post
    The impact of an oil spill in the Red Sea from a tanker that is rotting in the water could be far wider than anticipated, with 8 million people losing access to running water and Yemen’s Red Sea fishing stock destroyed within three weeks.


    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp
    The benefits of carrying out an analysis of the impact for more than a week are shown in this report.

    Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    .

    With the amount of wars started over oil you'd think somebody would want 1 million barrels of the stuff.

    taz

    .
    Politicians always try to extract a price for things that should be done for the benefit of everyone.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

    Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

  4. #4
    member of Leeds Beckett Uni scuba club TrevorB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    770
    Likes (Given)
    54
    Likes (Received)
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    The benefits of carrying out an analysis of the impact for more than a week are shown in this report.



    Politicians always try to extract a price for things that should be done for the benefit of everyone.
    its trus but still a shame Jay..the quicker action is taken...
    BSAC 9137
    Leeds Beckett University Branch

  5. #5
    Hail the Children of LLyr
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Posts
    3,930
    Likes (Given)
    1342
    Likes (Received)
    1760
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    The benefits of carrying out an analysis of the impact for more than a week are shown in this report.



    Politicians always try to extract a price for things that should be done for the benefit of everyone.
    To call those who are denying access to the ship politicians is an insult to politicians and BOY!, is that saying something!.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •