Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    lets see that get a sensible answer without reference to maybe when I was a lad, SEALS, MIL spec, NATO number, rinkie dink, slat wall.
    What and be like you LOL

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    Filter life could be extended by running it outside in a cooler environment but for the sake of the neighbours, we run it inside the garage.
    It could, but the benefit is extremely small even in a moderate middle east climate like Bedford.

A big 18 inch external fan blowing onto the compressor from the front would offer more benefit.
    In an attempt to please the peanut gallery try this:

https://www.dunelm.com/product/18-in...fan-1000142260

This will afford a measurable improvement on your filter life, it doesnt involve any modification adaption or Fire & Rescue folk to fix it.
    And for £28 it's a no brainer.

Its probarbly Chinese so better you buy one quick before we drop the bomb on them.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    Don’t hold your breath - like the mythical Rix compressor Iain is too full of hot hair and smoke and mirrors to do something useful like post an actual link
    Graham.

Stop being such an ass. If there was a website or even a link for the public I would have given it. These are OEM components, there is no way I'm going to declare where these are manufactured as they dont deal direct with the end user or public.

The last thing anyone wants is a pile of orders from 500 private addresses for a "one off" component paid for with a collection of postal orders. There is no website no pay now page and no credit card payment facility.

I have told you time and time again not everything in diving is from a local dive shop and you know perfectly well those OEM's in the industry who supply your clients including those you have worked for will not disclose anyting or break any NDA agreement on a public forum.

I am not a dive shop either. If you want one "Ask and you shall receive" I think is a better option

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MinimalMayhem View Post
    To be fair, I remember speaking to Iain on the phone about grease and servicing regs (this was a while back) and he was very helpful indeed! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe consider talking with him again. LOL

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    I have a visual indicator. I seem to recall it cost more than £60 without the swagelok fittings but that’s what you get as an end user.
    To be fair the swagelok fittings are only a 1/4 x 1/4 NPT male or a male male elbow for that price before anyone thinks they can get 9/16 UNF positional elbow to 3/8" tube at that price.

I’m still struggling to find somewhere in the UK that I can phone up and actually order 20/40/60 indicator cards.. Can you point me to a supplier so I can phone up / email and order some cards?
    The cards I think your after are 19mm diameter with a three quadrant colour segment showing the 10/20 and 30% relitive humidity indication.
    If your buying less than a 100 by the time you get them in the post the blue sections will have turned pink by atmospheric moisture seeping into the sealed bag. Use a hairdryer to dry them out back to blue before inserting them into the pressure vessel.

Though LF put humidity indicators on their cartridges these days. Do not these not fulfil a similar function in a more hidden position?
    LF are one of the biggest customers for these indicators and the cards hence the NPT thread and my reluctance to declare much more than this on a public forum.

The indicator strip however you describe can be seen running down the inside of the clear LF plastic filter cartridge is not however suitable for measurement. The strip only measures above 40% humidity and you need 20% maximum at 200 bar.

Pretty much the same reason why we dont supply the CO indicator directly that also fits into the indicator vessels. These CO indicators (made by others) react at well above 50ppm CO and as this will kill you the option is better IMHO not to supply and let retailers supply their own.

Last I looked a P60 filter was a lot more than £480+vat so that sounds OK. Again can you please point me to the supplier so I can order one?
    You have a couple of options, the Bauer P60 fiter shell made under The German DIN TUV standard has a 3:1 working pressure to burst. The alternative version is for offshore applications under ASME and has a 4:1 safery to burst factor. It is the offshore version I quoted, not the sports.

Would running a Bauer cartridge in the P11 housing rather than marbles and then a secondary filter with a cartridge not provide better filtration than marbles in the P11? Assuming the usual caveats about check valves / isolation valves / PMV / bleed valve / suitable gas service gauge / etc?
    Define better filtration it wont provide better filtration in the sense of BS12021 purity is all you need but it will allow the chemical charge to last longer.
    The glass marbles are cheap inert easy to clean cost not much and are fun to play with. (you cant help yourself) They allow the emulsified oil and water to cling onto the glass maximizing the "Kepler" effect and save the chemical from being gummed up too sooon with the oil carry over film.

Now I would consider using a cheaper chemical like activated Alumina or even a little silica gel in the front end of the P11 cost a little more than the glass marbles but effectivly removes much of the the water condensate but you need to balance a mechanical collection and removal of water condenstae (best practice) with the more effective water condensate plus a little water vapour but at the cost of chemical.
    Its a big subject for a little forum, checks and balances get the job done as cheaply and effectivly as possible push too hard and we are in scubber break threw territory, too soft and it costs a small fortune to run.
    Last edited by iain/hsm; 16-09-2021 at 02:17 PM.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by iain/hsm View Post
    Graham.

Stop being such an ass. If there was a website or even a link for the public I would have given it. These are OEM components, there is no way I'm going to declare where these are manufactured as they dont deal direct with the end user or public.

The last thing anyone wants is a pile of orders from 500 private addresses for a "one off" component paid for with a collection of postal orders. There is no website no pay now page and no credit card payment facility.

I have told you time and time again not everything in diving is from a local dive shop and you know perfectly well those OEM's in the industry who supply your clients including those you have worked for will not disclose anyting or break any NDA agreement on a public forum.

I am not a dive shop either. If you want one "Ask and you shall receive" I think is a better option
    Ok step up to the plate - sell me 50 and I'll handle the postal orders ...

Whats the point of all the BS if its not to stroke your ego - to paraphrase "I have loads of cool stuff that you plebs can't get hold of"

Sorry to be a arse and point out youre not being helpful at all!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by iain/hsm View Post
    To be fair the swagelok fittings are only a 1/4 x 1/4 NPT male or a male male elbow for that price before anyone thinks they can get 9/16 UNF positional elbow to 3/8" tube at that price.

The cards I think your after are 19mm diameter with a three quadrant colour segment showing the 10/20 and 30% relitive humidity indication.
    If your buying less than a 100 by the time you get them in the post the blue sections will have turned pink by atmospheric moisture seeping into the sealed bag. Use a hairdryer to dry them out back to blue before inserting them into the pressure vessel.

LF are one of the biggest customers for these indicators and the cards hence the NPT thread and my reluctance to declare much more than this on a public forum.

The indicator strip however you describe can be seen running down the inside of the clear LF plastic filter cartridge is not however suitable for measurement. The strip only measures above 40% humidity and you need 20% maximum at 200 bar.

Thanks that’s useful to know

Pretty much the same reason why we dont supply the CO indicator directly that also fits into the indicator vessels. These CO indicators (made by others) react at well above 50ppm CO and as this will kill you the option is better IMHO not to supply and let retailers supply their own.

Thanks where can I buy the 20/40/60 in the UK?

You have a couple of options, the Bauer P60 fiter shell made under The German DIN TUV standard has a 3:1 working pressure to burst. The alternative version is for offshore applications under ASME and has a 4:1 safery to burst factor. It is the offshore version I quoted, not the sports.

Thanks where can I buy one in the UK for that price?

Define better filtration it wont provide better filtration in the sense of BS12021 purity is all you need but it will allow the chemical charge to last longer.

In the sense of BSEN12021 for oxygen and nitrogen mixes or Heliox requirements rather than breathing air.

So secondary
    The glass marbles are cheap inert easy to clean cost not much and are fun to play with. (you cant help yourself) They allow the emulsified oil and water to cling onto the glass maximizing the "Kepler" effect and save the chemical from being gummed up too sooon with the oil carry over film.

Now I would consider using a cheaper chemical like activated Alumina or even a little silica gel in the front end of the P11 cost a little more than the glass marbles but effectivly removes much of the the water condensate but you need to balance a mechanical collection and removal of water condenstae (best practice) with the more effective water condensate plus a little water vapour but at the cost of chemical.
    Its a big subject for a little forum, checks and balances get the job done as cheaply and effectivly as possible push too hard and we are in scubber break threw territory, too soft and it costs a small fortune to run.
    Last edited by MikeF; 16-09-2021 at 04:16 PM.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    Ok step up to the plate - sell me 50 and I'll handle the postal orders ...

Whats the point of all the BS if its not to stroke your ego - to paraphrase "I have loads of cool stuff that you plebs can't get hold of"

Sorry to be a arse and point out youre not being helpful at all!
    https://flic.kr/p/2mrvjVC

Dear Mr Blackmore

Thank you so much for your order placed today at 5.02 for 50 off high pressure 415 bar water vapour indicators.
    We have also included the 10/20/30% indicator cards but can swap these for the 20/40/60% should you require.

We do however have a problem with the order in that we would normally supply Nordic Suger Free premium Liquorice for hot climates or Lavender flavored Chocolate Made in the Cotswolds for those customers in cold climates.
    but orders from the US Navy SEAL team, Offshore divers and the military customers from Australia and with Iain eating what was left I am afraid we have we cannot fulfil the order to the exact Mil Spec requirement and include liquorice.

As a jesture of our love and your kindness we trust the Love Hearts enclosed will help compensate for your pain in not getting the Nordic Liquorice

With love and best wishes.
    Last edited by iain/hsm; 16-09-2021 at 05:48 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Graham, I will take one please if they ever turn up
    JJ wanker

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Graham, I will take one please if they ever turn up
    One added for Paulo

https://flic.kr/ps/38evS9