Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Log Burners

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've had 2 stoves from here. They're very good, and remarkably cheap.
    https://www.stoveworlduk.co.uk/
    I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    We have a Jotul F3, in our previous cottage which was very prone to power outages we had the same model which we often used as a primary heat source. We also have a Caframo eco fan on top of the stove. https://ecofan.caframobrands.com/
    Ditto what she said about the little fan, really circulates the heat. I can feel the heat at the top of the stairsb with the fan ryunning nad there's less of a hot spot in the living room
    Not the dodgy one, the nice one

Nicotine, valium, vicodin... notdeadyet's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sean0801 View Post
    Ditto what she said about the little fan, really circulates the heat. I can feel the heat at the top of the stairsb with the fan ryunning nad there's less of a hot spot in the living room
    Last chimney sweep I used lowered the soffit boards round the flue in the chimney breast for some reason and now I can't fit a fan under it. Noticeably different without it. You can also judge when you need to add wood by the speed of the fan.

I'd also add try to cut air movement down as well. I put a curtain across the top of the stairs and another across where the living room was extended out the back and it really makes it a lot warmer in winter.
    Caliph Hamish Aw-Michty Ay-Ya-Bastard, Spiritual leader of Scottish State in England

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I strongly support what Jay said about chainsaw training (although our erstwhile friend would disagree, where is he these days?).
    If someone asks me to 'show them how to use it' , I politely decline.
    The electric chainsaw sharpeners are great, although they make it really easy to 'burn' the cutting heads if you go at the sharpening too enthusiastically..
    The one thing they won't do is reset the depth gauges (the little shark fin shaped links in front of each cutter). This needs to be done too, otherwise the chain will start to slide over the wood and not cut.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We've got a Dunsley Yorkshire, great thing.

Don't cheap out on the stove, the shit ones go like a rocket engine burning everything in minutes with all the heat going up the pipe. A quality one the fire will even burn overnight if you stoke it up on hardwood/coal and shut the air down low.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12