Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

fitted drysuit makers in the UK

hi everybody,
    I am seeking advice on where to look in the UK for having a drysuit fitted to my measurements please.
    I have, for a long time, been using an aquatek surface drysuit which was made to my measurements, for the water based SAR (search & rescue) team I am a member of, so I absolutely know that a fitted drysuit is incomparably more comfortable to an "off the peg" suit, of which I have tried a great many.
    I also have the luxury of being able to spend a bit of money, so the cost is not an issue - yes, I know the ballparks of fitted suits -

Any advice or pointers, and experience good or bad would be most appreciated.

thanks
    Martin

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Otter Hammond Seaskin OThree errrrrrrrrr Santi Typhoon
    I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Your location might affect your choice but ; O’three - Portland Dorset , predominately neoprene Suits but now have a trilam option. Otter tup north , predominantly trilaminate but with neoprene option. Hammond - Kent - trilam. You may find they do on line fitting , O’three do and are my personal choice.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    https://predator-drysuits.uk/

Dennis can be a bit slow but is pretty good. Depends on where you are in UK.
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Otter Hammond Seaskin OThree errrrrrrrrr Santi Typhoon
    Don't think Poland qualifies as UK so not Santi.

Othree is made in china ... not that I have anything against that.

If you want true made to measure you'd be hard pressed to get better than Dennis at Predator (particularly if you're near new forest)

Its pretty uncommon to get anybody to say they wasted ~2k on a suit that fits like shite or leaks like a sieve .... and particularly with Brexit I think the OP is wise to stick to UK rather than dealing with cross border shipping (for the new suit or if anything goes wrong)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    Don't think Poland qualifies as UK so not Santi.

Othree is made in china ... not that I have anything against that.

If you want true made to measure you'd be hard pressed to get better than Dennis at Predator (particularly if you're near new forest)

Its pretty uncommon to get anybody to say they wasted ~2k on a suit that fits like shite or leaks like a sieve .... and particularly with Brexit I think the OP is wise to stick to UK rather than dealing with cross border shipping (for the new suit or if anything goes wrong)
    I've seen plenty of people with "made to measure" suits that don't fit properly. Mostly too tight across the chest, under the arms or have a comedy low crotch. I'm pretty sure that one (now defunkt) drysuit manufacturer had a tape measure made from elastic.
    I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've seen plenty of people with "made to measure" suits that don't fit properly. Mostly too tight across the chest, under the arms or have a comedy low crotch. I'm pretty sure that one (now defunkt) drysuit manufacturer had a tape measure made from elastic.
    Agree - I want to go to the shop and get them to measure me to reduce the risk of this happening. I was looking at Predator suits tbh.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Agree - I want to go to the shop and get them to measure me to reduce the risk of this happening. I was looking at Predator suits tbh.
    I’ve driven to Otter to get measured. I’ve found their suits fit well.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward3c View Post
    I’ve driven to Otter to get measured. I’ve found their suits fit well.
    Where are Otter? I can't immediately see their location online ( I see lots of resellers though)

ED: Bradford - found it.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yes indeed - when you get made to measure you need to make sure they are indeed making the suit for you and not someone who is very differently shaped .

Personally I prefer a stock suit since its a known quantity (in my experience with DUI 95% of people fit an extended stock size) and you don't have to make sure your personal definition of a good fit is aligned with manufacturer's definition.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast