Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maldives - Accommodation and sites to visit?

Hi in a mad 5 minutes got one of those emails with cheap/cheaper flights to the Maldives in Feb 2022 and booked it.

We are now looking for 7 nights accommodation, can't afford 3k for accommodation anyone know of anything more reasonable?
    We are looking to do a day or two at a posh resort as a way of experiencing the high life without losing a kidney in the meantime.
    Any resorts to recommend or dive sites to visit for 2 days diving.
    If you were never to come back what should we do?
    Any particular operator to consider / avoid, happy to accept dms if you don't want it public.

thanks.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If you are comfortable with Sharks and Huge Rays and I mean HUGE Rays, Alimatha Aquatic resort night dive. I believe that they have dumped waste food off the pier for so long that the site gets mobbed in a feeding frenzy. Get a torch sit on the bottom, about 10m from memory and just watch it all kick off. If you can get that linked with some whale sharks on a day dive I think you would have ticked most of the boxes. The manta rays are worth a check out as well, but that would probably require a day boat.

Rgds

Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Prob not what you want but have a look here:

https://www.thediveforum.com/showthr...6-Indian-Ocean

Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wibble32 View Post
    If you are comfortable with Sharks and Huge Rays and I mean HUGE Rays, Alimatha Aquatic resort night dive. I believe that they have dumped waste food off the pier for so long that the site gets mobbed in a feeding frenzy. Get a torch sit on the bottom, about 10m from memory and just watch it all kick off. If you can get that linked with some whale sharks on a day dive I think you would have ticked most of the boxes. The manta rays are worth a check out as well, but that would probably require a day boat.
    Rgds
    Always refused to dive that when there, as it is somewhat of a bun feast with mixtures of snorkelers, divers, fishes and sharks and fast fast currents at times:-(

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Clamp View Post
    Always refused to dive that when there, as it is somewhat of a bun feast with mixtures of snorkelers, divers, fishes and sharks and fast fast currents at times:-(
    Eddie
    Not my experience at all. No current, just lots of Rays a BO2 boat of divers and sharks. Would i go back? In a heartbeat.
    Rgds

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Right so we finally booked somewhere. Laamu atol - Rahaa resort. including internal flights and transfers, ai accommodation 1600 for a week for two.

I've got two days diving agreed and may push for a third if it is out of this world.
    Looking to do a night diving with my yellow mask cover and blue Perspex for my torch......

not much details available currently apart from resort blurb looking for recommendations from those who might have been to that area.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by barchetta View Post
    Right so we finally booked somewhere. Laamu atol - Rahaa resort. including internal flights and transfers, ai accommodation 1600 for a week for two.

I've got two days diving agreed and may push for a third if it is out of this world.
    Looking to do a night diving with my yellow mask cover and blue Perspex for my torch......

not much details available currently apart from resort blurb looking for recommendations from those who might have been to that area.
    Stayed at reveries diving village on laamu a couple of times. Two really good channel dives. Plenty of sharks if there is an in current, should be in February. Lots of huge stingray on the inside of the atoll. You should have a great time. Worth having a look round the main island, you can see the real Maldives

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

1600 for 7 nights, AI, for two pax? Blimey, impressive work sir. Who did you book with? Or did you book directly with the resort? What month will you be visiting?
    Last edited by Nidge; 03-10-2021 at 08:56 AM.

TDF Member
    a city about as far form the sea as you can get in the UK
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Where did you get the yellow mask cover, been keeping a vague eye open for a decent value one?

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    https://bluebaytravel.co.uk/contact - that was accommodation and ai not including international flights but does include internal flights and fast boat transfers to the resort. The internal flights transfers were listed at $600 dollars each

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast