Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wanted: Oxygen Service Stickers

Anyone have a source/supply of these?

Ta

Established TDF Member Doomanic's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Any reputable test house at a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    Seriously, forget about sidemount - it's bollocks.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Which test centre do you want printed on them?
    Seemingly I am a wannabe JJ wanker

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Marker pen. Or label printer.

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Which test centre do you want printed on them?
    My own - if you want a good laugh read this from SITA:

https://www.sita.org.uk/pdf/sita-02-clean-2012-1.doc

I absolutely ****ed myself when I got to the bit about clean rooms and laminar flow benches (Section 4.1 on page 8) which is obviously cut and pasted from somewhere else - clearly every dive shop doing nitrox has one of those in the back room next to the kettle!

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Energy58 View Post
    I absolutely ****ed myself when I got to the bit about clean rooms and laminar flow benches (Section 4.1 on page 8) which is obviously cut and pasted from somewhere else - clearly every dive shop doing nitrox has one of those in the back room next to the kettle!
    To be fair to SITA, a laminar flow unit isn't exactly a complex or hideously expensive thing - in a previous role, we sourced one for less than 150 (although it did need some work on the power modules). I must admit, I certainly don't recall ever seeing one at a site that tests regs, never mind cylinders! The fact that SITA seem to saying that a class 10 cleanroom is the preferred work environment is a major blocker for entry to market!

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Energy58 View Post
    My own - if you want a good laugh read this from SITA:

https://www.sita.org.uk/pdf/sita-02-clean-2012-1.doc

This is unfortunate the cleaning procedures listed in that SITA document are partially mine and pretty much lifted from an outline procedure document that was given to Dave Cockford who was then with the BSAC who wrote that document for SITA.

I wasn’t aware of this use at the time. Back then we were installing the hyperbaric chambers and compressors at DDRC Plymouth for both the 250MSW 6 man sat chambers and the 50MSW 12 man chamber together with the liquid oxygen supply to the BIBS masks 50/50 Heliox mix and distribution systems, fire deluge etc etc together with oxygen compressors/boosters So an outline oxygen cleaning procedure document wasn’t a big deal. Albeit as you have noticed the procedures are a tad different for a 30 CFM compressor or 12 tons of steel than a scuba tank and regulator.

What SITA needed wasn’t an outline procedure but a IPP a specific In Process Procedure.
    However what SITA got was a document (I just read above) with some huge errors in it.

For background you need to look at the players in SITA and IDEST and link it to the same people at the BSAC and the control they have over each and every one of you. In a word your being fooled.

The term SITA coined “Oxygen Clean” is a misnomer its misleading inaccurate and a joke of a term at best and a dangerous lie at worse.

The term SITA required for this type of maintenance/service is “Cleaned for Oxygen Service” a relivant and strict procedure with validation of process.

Sadly you will not see that term used by SITA or IDEST and so neither will you see it at your local scuba shop. Sadly while SITA and IDEST have a shopkeeper and a retired sports shop manager in charge I very much doubt you ever will. Good luck with the stickers and my apologise to those senile old buffers if they are offended by the above while they consider retirement.
    Last edited by iain/hsm; 16-07-2021 at 11:05 AM.