Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    One companies underwriters wonít cover anything that have been to see a dr about in previous 12 months. after 12 months though would be covered even though would still have a pfo - strange world insurance underwriting.

Still waiting on DAN to get back to me

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    I have Dan insurance and have asked if they will cover a known pfo, waiting on an answer.
    If you have a pfo and know itís a problem (how much of one is another question) - why donít you get it fixed? There are several members who have had closures and they probably give you some good advice

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    If you have a pfo and know it’s a problem (how much of one is another question) - why don’t you get it fixed? There are several members who have had closures and they probably give you some good advice
    Have you seen how much it costs? First quote £20k, have found cheaper but can’t get it done and be fit to dive before planned trip.

I don’t believe the risk is any greater now I know than it was before I knew-15+ years of diving, but unfortunately it’s now on medical record .

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    Have you seen how much it costs? First quote £20k, have found cheaper but can’t get it done and be fit to dive before planned trip.

I don’t believe the risk is any greater now I know than it was before I knew-15+ years of diving, but unfortunately it’s now on medical record .
    Why wouldn’t the nhs do it?

The risk may not have changed but unfortunately you also now know the real risk …

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Why wouldn’t the nhs do it?

The risk may not have changed but unfortunately you also now know the real risk …
    Err... non essential work...global pandemic...
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well Dan got back to me today and they will insure me.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    Err... non essential work...global pandemic...
    Repairing a heart defect with increased risk of migraines and stroke ... hardly non-essential.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Repairing a heart defect with increased risk of migraines and stroke ... hardly non-essential.
    Nhs are starting to look at doing them again as stroke prevention but only in certain people/groups/post codes/cat owners/people born on 3rd Wednesday of the month etc

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sadly given treatable cancers with long term survival until Ano Domini gets you have been put on hold for treatment, a PFO which is not really essential unless you are a diver is way way down the list for treatment.
    The NHS was struggling staff wise before Covid, it is now in very dire straights as very burnt out low paid employees are jacking in their jobs. Low paid employees are the professionally qualified front line acute provision staff such as Nurses and Radiographers who are now on 12 hour shifts which are full on and unrelenting.
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sorry, I did not mean to demean this process. I should have said non priority. Cas has expressed this better than I can.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12