Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Hey single tank diving is brilliant. After humping a rebreather about, I can cartwheel in a single 12. It is disturbing watching a needle go down, though- I don't like that much.

After 30+ years of diving, not going dry gloves years ago is a FFS moment. I did have a go with the Northern Diver system but they were bloody awful. Massive, and the sharp plastic rings cut your hands so much when you weren't wearing the gloves they drew blood. Maybe that's what put me off!

Kubis were ok but I didn't like the friction only keeping them on method, and the black and white thing peeled off after a few dives. Plus the standard thin gloves don't really stand up to the abuse metered out when RIB diving.

I have 3 Shearwaters. What are you saying?
    Three ... are they now a n+1 item?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    Three ... are they now a n+1 item?
    Ummmm I have a Predator on my Classic, a Nerd 2 on the Vision and the other Shearwater is, in fact now I think about it, an OSTC for open circuit stuff. Oh and an Apeks Quantum as I do like to be beeped at for no reason at all.
    I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Hey single tank diving is brilliant. After humping a rebreather about, I can cartwheel in a single 12. It is disturbing watching a needle go down, though- I don't like that much.

After 30+ years of diving, not going dry gloves years ago is a FFS moment. I did have a go with the Northern Diver system but they were bloody awful. Massive, and the sharp plastic rings cut your hands so much when you weren't wearing the gloves they drew blood. Maybe that's what put me off!

Kubis were ok but I didn't like the friction only keeping them on method, and the black and white thing peeled off after a few dives. Plus the standard thin gloves don't really stand up to the abuse metered out when RIB diving.

I have 3 Shearwaters. What are you saying?
    I have recently been using gloves that are sold for cold weather open water swimming - they claim to be semi-dry but really aren't - however they are fairly warm (at least down to 9C - I have not tried them in colder conditions) and a million times more flexible than traditional "wet" gloves with none of the faff of dry glove systems. So far (20 dives in) they are standing up just fine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123