Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Garmin Active captain does much the same as Navionics - not sure of cost as I have it with my plotter. Visuals very similar to Navionics now and you can download the Quickdraw community content - detailed local mapping added by users. For tidal flows I find the Imray Tides app really useful - you can select the day and tidal diamond and scroll hour by hour and see the current strength and direction.
    Tea Boy

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by bottle maker View Post
    Not specifically looking for free. I want something that shows tidal flow so that I can work out slack water times.
    The Reeds PBO Small Craft Almanac may be more compact and concise than the Reeds Nautical Almanac but it contains a wealth of indispensable navigational data specially tailored for small craft sailors, presented in an easy to find, quick reference manner for on-board use. Streamlined to focus on tidal data (tide tables, tidal streams and tidal curves) and lights, buoys and waypoints, the Small Craft Almanac covers the whole of the UK and Ireland and the west coast of Europe from Denmark to the Gironde. Published in association with Practical Boat Owner magazine, this practical handy Almanac boasts many unique features for small craft sailors and represents excellent value for money for those who donít need the more comprehensive marina data, passage information and chartlets of the full Reeds Almanac. Meticulously researched, it includes a huge amount of information of value to small craft navigators: tide tables, tidal streams and tidal gates; secondary port differences; 2,500+ waypoints; radio data; light recognition; weather information; principal lights; IALA buoyage; international codes and flags; sun/moon rise/set times; emergency information. Also available: free supplements of up-to-date navigation changes from January to June at: www.reedsnauticalalmanac.co.uk £17

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12