Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

UK travel in Europe

Has anybody tried or contemplating transiting France on the way to somewhere else in Europe (I do have a valid reason for travel and not just going on a jolly) - any insights?

Germany and Italy have clear instructions about transiting and about what is and what is not allowed ... France is not so clear

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_hk View Post
    Has anybody tried or contemplating transiting France on the way to somewhere else in Europe (I do have a valid reason for travel and not just going on a jolly) - any insights?

Germany and Italy have clear instructions about transiting and about what is and what is not allowed ... France is not so clear
    Best information I saw was linked from the Snowheads forum!

I will try and do a copy paste of the links later, the information does appear to be a little "agile" though.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All I can say is good luck!!
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazyoung View Post
    All I can say is good luck!!
    that fills me with confidence ...

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yes. He's due back in the early hours of tomorrow morning if I understand it correctly having been out on Sunday, France, Italy, Croatia then back. What specifically do you want to know?
    The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I work for etc.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner View Post
    Yes. He's due back in the early hours of tomorrow morning if I understand it correctly having been out on Sunday, France, Italy, Croatia then back. What specifically do you want to know?
    ah - I think he left before the new rules on 31st 00:00 - I wanted to know if they are allowing transit and exit or that you have to self isolate for 7-days ... and any words from the wise, i.e., those that have gone before

Dive tart, and 'tog Pete Bullen's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Friends of mine have just driven down to their house in Spain (last weekend), Folkestone was a pain by all accounts but otherwise it was simple although expensive. They needed 2 x PCR tests for France and for Spain as they were entering from France.
    They said there was little traffic on the roads, the journey was uneventful and they stayed overnight near Lyon without trouble.
    Last edited by Pete Bullen; 03-06-2021 at 10:10 PM.
    Diving, and photography holidays in Gozo
    Private guiding, don't follow the crowd.
    http://oceanfoto.co.uk/

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Bullen View Post
    Friends of mine have just driven down to their house in Spain (last weekend), Folkestone was a pain by all accounts but otherwise it was simple although expensive. They needed 2 x PCR tests for France and for Spain as they were entering from France.
    They said there was little traffic on the roads, the journey was uneventful and they stayed overnight near Lyon without trouble.
    ah ha - resident in Europe ... I can't do that

Thanks for information though

Dive tart, and 'tog Pete Bullen's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ah ha - resident in Europe ... I can't do that

Thanks for information though
    Sorry, Obviously didn't make it clear enough, they drove from the UK and are UK residents. I may not be a UK res anymore but still know a few people in the UK.
    Diving, and photography holidays in Gozo
    Private guiding, don't follow the crowd.
    http://oceanfoto.co.uk/

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Bullen View Post
    Sorry, Obviously didn't make it clear enough, they drove from the UK and are UK residents. I may not be a UK res anymore but still know a few people in the UK.
    you said they drove down to their house - I am just guessing they have resident status in Spain which qualifies them.

Although things looking up: https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fren...st-from-June-9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast