Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tens View Post
    Have you seen the prices!!!!
    If only Tel was still around ...
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The house is 50 metres from the sea and I've always wanted a situation where I look at the sky on a sunny day and think "let's have an hour out on the boat" and 15 minutes later be starting the engine. As the boat's on a mooring that's so far been the case. It's just when the tide is below 0.6m that it dries and the hull needs protecting from the very odd sharp rock.

I've even thought about a drive on floating dock, but they are ultra expensive and a tad unsightly when moored in a bay.

nice spot
    Last edited by MikeF; 12-05-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The house is 50 metres from the sea and I've always wanted a situation where I look at the sky on a sunny day and think "let's have an hour out on the boat" and 15 minutes later be starting the engine. As the boat's on a mooring that's so far been the case. It's just when the tide is below 0.6m that it dries and the hull needs protecting from the very odd sharp rock.

I've even thought about a drive on floating dock, but they are ultra expensive and a tad unsightly when moored in a bay.

When you say "The odd sharp rock". How many rocks are there that it could land on and can they be moved? Or covered with an environmentally friendly matting of some sort?
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickpicks View Post
    When you say "The odd sharp rock". How many rocks are there that it could land on and can they be moved? Or covered with an environmentally friendly matting of some sort?
    Well, that's the thing My boat is the furthest one from the drone (the round thing is a floating old trampoline that the neighbour has put in - great fun.) Tidal range is about 4.5m - it's in a bit of a channel and far enough into the bay that it's not battered too much by winds from the north. You can see basaltic columns just behind (like on Staffa which is just a few miles away). The rocks in the sea bed are similar, and whilst I have use of a digger, I don't fancy getting it stuck, even if I could get the rocks out.

I could put matting down, but it's fairly expensive stuff for the area that would need to be covered, and gets washed around in winter storms. That's why I suspend a mat beneath the boat. It's always just in the right place when the boat rests on the bottom

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Oh, and the strip of weed to the right of the boats is growing on rocks which form a fish trap. Tide comes in, fish come in over the top, tide goes out, fish get trapped. Ready for the picking.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    If only Tel was still around ...
    Anybody know how Tel is? I hope he left as he got fed up with the constant bullying rather than anything Covid related..

Graham.

I still don't have a member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by bottle maker View Post
    Anybody know how Tel is? I hope he left as he got fed up with the constant bullying rather than anything Covid related..

Graham.
    Just went and had a look in Members he is around lurking just not posting. Last visited 10/5/21
    A fully paid up member of the CRAFT Club

I failed to dive in Antartica
    I used to have a handle on life but it broke

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345