Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • N Bailey
    TDF Member
    • Jan 2013

I expect that you would need to change the Aluminum filter housing as it will be well out of date.

Comment

• Woz
      All hail ZOM
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by N Bailey
      I expect that you would need to change the Aluminum filter housing as it will be well out of date.
      Yeah I have that in hand. Is 1974 more than 15 years? Anyway how does the metallurgy work, there, to age aluminium? Or is it number of cycles? In the manual there is a number of cycles stated and we don't get anywhere near that with our portable as it's used flat out for a week, once a year, then ignored for the other 51 weeks.

No doubt Iananianaininn HSM will be along in a minute to say that it's all a scam, the compressors are running too fast and we all need a Rix fixed to our rinky dinks.
      Last edited by Woz; 30-04-2021, 10:02 AM.
      I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

Comment

• steelemonkey
        Established TDF Member
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Woz
        Yeah I have that in hand. Is 1974 more than 15 years?
        I was still in my teens then, so no, can't be more than 10 years ago.
        Paul.
        If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
        Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Comment

• Woz
          All hail ZOM
          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by steelemonkey
          I was still in my teens then, so no, can't be more than 10 years ago.
          Agreed. I distinctly remember being 4 last week. I had a brilliant T shirt with a cowboy on it and a Raleigh Commando.
          I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

Comment

• graham_hk
            Established TDF Member
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Woz
            Yeah I have that in hand. Is 1974 more than 15 years? Anyway how does the metallurgy work, there, to age aluminium? Or is it number of cycles? In the manual there is a number of cycles stated and we don't get anywhere near that with our portable as it's used flat out for a week, once a year, then ignored for the other 51 weeks.

No doubt Iananianaininn HSM will be along in a minute to say that it's all a scam, the compressors are running too fast and we all need a Rix fixed to our rinky dinks.
            LOL ... and promise to help but deliver nothing? Just like every other thread that he's involved in?

Comment

• Woz
              All hail ZOM
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by graham_hk
              LOL ... and promise to help but deliver nothing? Just like every other thread that he's involved in?
              I'm still waiting for an answer to my question about adjusting Apeks regs when they don't perform well enough on the ANSTI machine that he reckons every shop should have. Specifically which screw do I need to twiddle? The tumbleweed is choking the slat wall round here
              Last edited by Woz; 30-04-2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• iain/hsm
                Banned
                • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Woz
                I'm still waiting for an answer to my question about adjusting Apeks regs when they don't perform well enough on the ANSTI machine that he reckons every shop should have. Specifically which screw do I need to twiddle? The tumbleweed is choking the slat wall round here
                In your case Woz Try your local dive shops for servicing.
                How about Stoney Cove they have one. Midland Diving another. Both local and neither are rinky dink.

Now to your unanswered question was this made before you made chairman of the BSAC?
                Because from the day you were elected you never once to my knowledge set foot on this forum to post.
                That is until after you resigned as chairman from the BSAC. And now your back. So forgive me if I kind of wrote you off.
                But tell us all now your out. Was it a BSAC requirement not to post on internet diving forums while chairman or would you like me to answer the question for you. PS I'm glad your back.

Comment

• iain/hsm
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Woz
                  ROFL It's all a scam, the compressors are running too fast and we all need a Rix fixed to our rinky dinks

Comment

• Woz
                    All hail ZOM
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by iain/hsm
                    Now to your unanswered question was this made before you made chairman of the BSAC?
                    Well before. And you still haven't answered.
                    Originally posted by iain/hsm
                    But tell us all now your out. Was it a BSAC requirement not to post on internet diving forums while chairman
                    * you're
                    And no. Read my signature

Comment

Working...