Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Established TDF Member Energy58's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward3c View Post
    That’s the same thing that kept garages going was people ‘maintaining’ their own cars.
    They don't make much on sales these days that's for sure...

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We have two cars which have recently been serviced by a main dealer for each make - a Ford Galaxy and a Seat Alhambra. The work done on both was essentially the same comparing the service sheets. The cost for the Alhambra was over 100 more than for the Galaxy. Among the items they charged for was topping up the screen wash - at an inflated cost. I had topped it up the day before it went in for service and hadn't used the screenwashers since. The Alhambra is also a top of the range job and is stuffed full of all sorts of fancy electronic options, several of which they managed to change. One of them is for the fog light under the indicator to come on when you use the indicator travelling at less than 25mph (not sure what the point of this is). This was not an option I knew about but that and several other things were changed. They also said that there was water in the foglights and recommended replacing them for 183 +VAT. It took me less than 10 minutes to remove the grill and pull out the rubber drain plugs on the bottom of the lights - obviously there for just this reason. Since the car is now three years old and out of warranty, I won't be using them again.

The Ford garage on the other hand, I've been using for 24 years since I got my first Galaxy and they are excellent. I've known the Service manger there for years. They don't try and push anything that's not absolutely essential and put right minor things without charge. When one of the indicator bulbs didn't meet the MoT spec, they changed the bulb and only charged for the bulb - at a price that was no more than I would have paid for a bulb at Halfords. This time, they advised that the discs could do with replacing in the near future but said that they knew that I could do that myself easily enough.

Established TDF Member witchieblackcat's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    We have two cars which have recently been serviced by a main dealer for each make - a Ford Galaxy and a Seat Alhambra. The work done on both was essentially the same comparing the service sheets. The cost for the Alhambra was over 100 more than for the Galaxy. Among the items they charged for was topping up the screen wash - at an inflated cost. I had topped it up the day before it went in for service and hadn't used the screenwashers since. The Alhambra is also a top of the range job and is stuffed full of all sorts of fancy electronic options, several of which they managed to change. One of them is for the fog light under the indicator to come on when you use the indicator travelling at less than 25mph (not sure what the point of this is). This was not an option I knew about but that and several other things were changed. They also said that there was water in the foglights and recommended replacing them for 183 +VAT. It took me less than 10 minutes to remove the grill and pull out the rubber drain plugs on the bottom of the lights - obviously there for just this reason. Since the car is now three years old and out of warranty, I won't be using them again.

The Ford garage on the other hand, I've been using for 24 years since I got my first Galaxy and they are excellent. I've known the Service manger there for years. They don't try and push anything that's not absolutely essential and put right minor things without charge. When one of the indicator bulbs didn't meet the MoT spec, they changed the bulb and only charged for the bulb - at a price that was no more than I would have paid for a bulb at Halfords. This time, they advised that the discs could do with replacing in the near future but said that they knew that I could do that myself easily enough.
    There are good garages and bad ones.
    I use a SEAT garage for my Skoda because they're really good and have been really good to me since 2001 when I first found them.

In much the same way that there are divers capable of maintaining their kit and those that aren't as well as those that say they are but aren't.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by gobfish1 View Post
    Ready and waiting for your next installment once its had time to brew .
    Heck Steve It's all over brewed and stewed the tea's gone cold. Heads have rolled and they are still way short of keeping the investers happy.
    But they just wont like it comming from me on an open forum. Besides I have enough hate mail at the moment.
    Its not forgotten mind, just resting and like any good spirit it's fermenting now.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Iain would you say any of the apek ranges and models over the years are any better than one or the other? Or do you just pay for the new ranges, extra bit's of plastic here and there and colours and designs?
    To get you in the right frame of mind to make an informed choice you need to go back to before the T50 hit the Apeks range.
    Before then all Apeks Marine had was a not well liked, poor performing badly designed Apeks regulator called the Apex Manta.

Now imagine this, one day out of the blue a "Tooth Fairy" gifted them with a design that was intended for the Royal Navy and "gifted" to them for manufacturing and ever since then each and every regulator out of sunny Blackburn has used the self same design in fit form and function.

So much so you should further consider that every regulator since the Tooth Fairy T50 gift Apeks Marine have used the self same spares kit of internal parts. That is every single model from way back then all use the same internal design parts and spares.

All the works staff can do is change the box top style as its called on the second stage, the front cover is another term and external features such as ribs and ridges. The new designers are explitily told not to change the internal Navy design just add swerls to the front and some black for the boys petals and swerls for the girls and pink pearls and seaweed for girls in China and Japan.

Now add a huge mark up for the top 12 retailers at the expence of you and any small independant LDS unfortunate enough to have become the cash cow paying for this for longer now than most would have ever dreamed possible.

Further to cap it off for 2021 all they could come up with to the shareholders was a funky hand made tee shirt printed in some eco friendly teo tie dye process showing off the only regulator Apex Marine ever made themselves, Yes you've guessed it was the Apex Manta ROFL
    Last edited by iain/hsm; 16-03-2021 at 07:24 PM.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by iain/hsm View Post

To get you in the right frame of mind to make an informed choice you need to go back to before the T50 hit the Apeks range.
    Before then all Apeks Marine had was a not well liked, poor performing badly designed Apeks regulator called the Apex Manta.

Now imagine this, one day out of the blue a "Tooth Fairy" gifted them with a design that was intended for the Royal Navy and "gifted" to them for manufacturing and ever since then each and every regulator out of sunny Blackburn has used the self same design in fit form and function.

So much so you should further consider that every regulator since the Tooth Fairy T50 gift Apeks Marine have used the self same spares kit of internal parts. That is every single model from way back then all use the same internal design parts and spares.

All the works staff can do is change the box top style as its called on the second stage, the front cover is another term and external features such as ribs and ridges. The new designers are explitily told not to change the internal Navy design just add swerls to the front and some black for the boys petals and swerls for the girls and pink pearls and seaweed for girls in China and Japan.

Now add a huge mark up for the top 12 retailers at the expence of you and any small independant LDS unfortunate enough to have become the cash cow paying for this for longer now than most would have ever dreamed possible.

Further to cap it off for 2021 all they could come up with to the shareholders was a funky hand made tee shirt printed in some eco friendly teo tie dye process showing off the only regulator Apex Marine ever made themselves, Yes you've guessed it was the Apex Manta ROFL
    So Apeks regs produced after the Manta range are the same internally. Is a Venturi lever really needed or is it just a sales gimmick to charge more money? Also, is the breathe any different on any of the apeks models? Thanks for your info.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by iain/hsm View Post
    Heck Steve It's all over brewed and stewed the tea's gone cold. Heads have rolled and they are still way short of keeping the investers happy.
    But they just wont like it comming from me on an open forum. Besides I have enough hate mail at the moment.
    Its not forgotten mind, just resting and like any good spirit it's fermenting now.
    It maybe brewed stewed and gone cold. But a rehash of what it what . Always brings a smile to my wissen old face lol .
    Keep up the good work . And feek the CP crowed and that love mail they send you .
    Last edited by gobfish1; 17-03-2021 at 01:24 PM.
    None diver as of 2018.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    So Apeks regs produced after the Manta range are the same internally. Is a Venturi lever really needed or is it just a sales gimmick to charge more money? Also, is the breathe any different on any of the apeks models? Thanks for your info.
    Apeks Flights are different and use different service kits, not sure about the XL4 or MTX, not seen inside them yet
    Venturi lever is pretty common across manufacturers, needed? not sure, down to personal choice I suppose
    As has been said, the internals from T50 to XTX200 are virtually identical, some have other adjustments, like a crack knob, but they do breathe pretty much the same.

S.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonhi99 View Post
    Apeks Flights are different and use different service kits, not sure about the XL4 or MTX, not seen inside them yet
    Venturi lever is pretty common across manufacturers, needed? not sure, down to personal choice I suppose
    As has been said, the internals from T50 to XTX200 are virtually identical, some have other adjustments, like a crack knob, but they do breathe pretty much the same.

S.
    When you do see inside the new MTX range you will be dissapointed. They are all the same internal spares even the latest and greatest MTX range use the same first and second stage service parts
    It the biggest smoke and mirrors milking cash cow of the sport diver the industry has ever seen (In my humble opinion you understand)

The MTX uses the same kit 1st stage its part number AP0241
    Fits the TEK3 and the ATX also the CTX and not forgetting the XTX and the flipping DS heck I cant think of any more

Now for the 2nd stage The MTX also shares guess what?
    Yep same flipping spares kit as all the others that use the same Parts Kit AP0219
    And that fits your Apeks Flight as well

AT20
    CT20
    Reflex T20
    ATX40
    CTX40
    TX40
    T20
    ATX50
    CTX50
    TX50
    ATX100
    CTX100
    TX100
    ATX200
    Black Pearl
    XTX20
    XTX40
    XTX50
    XTX100
    XTX200
    Flight

All use tha same overpriced bag of 0-rings supplied to Apeks Marine from a standard UK supplier of hydraulic o-rings and seal parts go figure

I do have the workshop stuff and the parts drawings for the new MTX range I will try and post it onto the forum in a pdf.
    Failing that if you dont see it I will do as I did last time and post an upload link to a pdf drop box.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sorry I dont know if we all have this but when I try to post pictures Jpegs or Pdf I cant and when I search my posting permissions
    Mine says "You may not post attachments" Drop Box it is

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast