Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Established TDF Member witchieblackcat's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by iain/hsm View Post
    Well even Graham HK liked you post. I guess I should too.

Just a shame you have nothing on topic to say.

But your way off. I have never belittled people on this or any other forum.
    By example take a look at the Graham HK posts on this thread regarding insulting trash what do you think I should do?
    Be nice and bend over for him? or reply in a measured robust and humorous manner.

Stop wasting my time either add to the forum post with something relevent to the thread or piss off and wait on on the porch
    for the rest of us to finish.

With many thanks for your valued submission and opinion that is. Iain
    Graham liked it because he understood it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ... I dont need opinion here I only want a published end user price list ...
    Well you are not going to get one and I think you just have to come to terms with that and move on.

Have a great day.
    We give £350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonhi99 View Post
    As far as I know, Apeks Marine are no longer supplying kits from UK, they're now being shipped from France, and taking several weeks to arrive. Another excuse to up the prices and charge extra for shipping?
    Well I'm not surprised. But for totally different reasons. Hang on in and I'm sure it well get better. But to use the "in House" buzz word of total transparancy.

First the managing director of Apeks Marine Landon Helsby is no longer the managing director and has (I assume) taken on a new role of "early retired".

Second the sales manager of Apeks Marine, Dean Martin is also no longer the sales manager of Apeks Marine and was I think from memory the term used was "let go" But again just for clarity and total transparancy which appears to be the current catch word on this thread by those "In the Trade". He was made redundant during the covid lockdown and furlow and is now strenthening the "team" at Fourth Element organising I understand the importing of masks fins and snorkels. So not to far away from his previous job at Beaver Sports (I assume)

You all just have to remember that the interest of shareholders in the Aqualung Group and the best interests of divers who buy the products need to be a consideration.

And shipping gear at mates rate discount doesnt always meet with those best interests of said shareholders and end user divers.

I used to care, but things have changed.

Just Saying.
    Last edited by iain/hsm; 21-04-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonhi99 View Post
    So with two 2nd stage kits that's roughly £35 inc VAT, so not wildy off what I paid.
    To be honest I think we have just established a fair resale price for the Apeks Spares Kits. I can live with that £35 for a "Saver Kit" for the tool box. I think all divers would agree it to be an acceptable product at a fair retail price.

Granted not everyone would want one or indeed need one, but for those who like to have a spares and back up of kit I cant see whats not to like. At £35 Retail for a 1st and two 2nd stage spares kit sold by your local Apeks Marine LDS.

Heck they could even find a space on the slatwall for it i'm sure.

Now we could even include an Apeks Technical sticker and have folk plaster Pelican cases, like in the old days. LOL

Well done we have a price and only 94 posts later, some 4800 views in five weeks, and around 960 views a week to get there.

OK next.

Iain
    Last edited by iain/hsm; 21-04-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I paid €110 for 5 1st stage kits and 5 2nd stage kits at the nd of last year. It seems I got a good deal so
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    I paid €110 for 5 1st stage kits and 5 2nd stage kits at the nd of last year. It seems I got a good deal so
    That's only because you are loved and well liked by everyone and get all these good deals the rest of the unwashed can only dream of.

But the plight of the unwashed diver left bereft without spares kits still remains.

This plight has even got as far as Mexico
    What with Cortés the Killer (Lenny) doing his best on behest of his mate GrahamHK (Montezuma's revenge) to plug the stink of why the UK can't have spares but the Germans and the Mexicans can.Now proberbly wondering what he got himself dragged into all for the sake of a free Apeks handbag handout.

So now we all know they are available even cheaper thanks to Paulo this scuppers my plan to give the UK LDS a bit of extra profit and puts the thread back to the start again.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Please Chris stick with your wild ass guess posts about politics. I dont need opinion here I only want a published end user price list

But you missed a zero out on that its a 100% from factory to trade (dive shop) with another 50% added on to retail. With some of the favoured dive shops getting an additional discount the rank and file slatwall folk dont get. also with a 30% additional for the top 10 retailers or if paying cash with order or on a retail model push.
    I will publish the price lists if we dont get the spares sorted but for now the powder is dry.

Now maybe after the debarcle of Simply Scuba going into liquidation owing Apeks £45,000 for non payment of stuff
    Maybe that's how they intend to get the money back, bill it all onto the spares kits.
    That and adding Dive Life going down owing £3000. Before popping up again in the wifes name as a premier dealer. Go figure.
    Whatever happend to Samantha and Just Apeks I wonder.

Its not a racket it will change I trust, for reasons I may bring up later
    Wonder no more Ian! Sam at Just Apeks is doing just fine and going nowhere - new website - new shop - new shoes x Nice to know you care x

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-4th Element Diving View Post
    Wonder no more Ian! Sam at Just Apeks is doing just fine and going nowhere - new website - new shop - new shoes x Nice to know you care x
    Hi Sam good to see you are still about. Are you able to sell spares to Jo Public well me at least.

Graham

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-4th Element Diving View Post
    "Sam is doing fine and going nowhere"

Really I want to see proof of life mate.

For one i'm not sure if you are the lovely Sam, She used to post regular on deals and stuff.
    You on the other hand have made only two posts. The first flogging cyinder testing within a 100 mile radius of the shop and now this.

So 4th Element scuba has moved? It used to be next to "Wings" Chinese take away and "Pizza Time" Pizza burgers and Kababs
    at 47 Oxbridge Lane Stockton on Tees TS18 4AP

On the other side of them is a laundrette and "Picasso Piz" although the "zeria" bit was added later to give you an idea of what to expect after eating and to go along with the local council food hygiene rating for them all so forgive me if I dont pop in for that cup of tea.

Now what's your take on selling Apeks spares kits, once we get Apeks online and how much would you estimate them to be at UK retail.

Nice to hear you have moved to a new shop, IMHO the old one didnt represent the Apeks Marine brand all that well.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ju...4!4d-1.3266724

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ju...!4d-1.3266724#

(Edit: Again Divermouse?. OK And with my apologies to Divermouse for her dislike of my post.... (Again)
    who clearly likes her take away's. I guess. )
    Last edited by iain/hsm; 24-04-2021 at 07:02 PM.

Owner and Lead Instructor at Underworld Lanny's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This plight has even got as far as Mexico
    What with Cortés the Killer (Lenny) doing his best on behest of his mate GrahamHK (Montezuma's revenge) to plug the stink of why the UK can't have spares but the Germans and the Mexicans can.Now proberbly wondering what he got himself dragged into all for the sake of a free Apeks handbag handout.

So now we all know they are available even cheaper thanks to Paulo this scuppers my plan to give the UK LDS a bit of extra profit and puts the thread back to the start again.
    I am not sure what prompted this new round of ad hominem vitriol after a few weeks off. To provide some clarification:

Similarly to Iain, I would be delighted if service kits were more widely available at a reasonable price. You can get them from Scubagaskets, or on the grey market from Europe. I really have no particular axe to grind here, but would suspect that Apeks made a cost/benefit decision on the profit against the liability issues for selling kits. I would prefer it if kits were available to all, but it is their trainset and they will do as they see fit. Buying kits elsewhere is hardly a massive issue.

I originally contributed to this thread to address some misinformation. Specifically countering the assertion that having interchangable internals is a bad thing, that all Apeks first/second stages are the same, some views on wholesale pricing, and whether how designs were obtained is in any way relevant to performance of equipment.

One thing I really must take issue with is the assertion that I am friends with Graham. Whilst this is true, it is also deeply offensive and traumatic on many levels.
    Lanny
    Living the dream in the Mexican Caves
    http://www.underworldtulum.com
    http://www.cavecamp.com

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast