Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Established TDF Member Eddie Clamp's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Lobster diver survives being swallowed and spat out by humpback whal

An experienced lobster diver survived being caught in a humpback whale’s mouth near Provincetown, Massachusetts on Friday morning.

Michael Packard was searching for lobsters on the ocean floor on his second dive of the day, approximately 45 feet below the surface, when he said he felt a bump and then he was in total darkness.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1864626.html

Established TDF Member Nickpicks's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    "Humpback Whale recovering after human diver encounter"

Experienced krill eater Herbert was hunting his usual diet of krill and fish off the coast of Massachusets on Friday when he felt a bump. He soon realised that he'd accidentally caught a human scuba diver!
    "I realised - oh Poseidon, I've got a scuba diver in my mouth! I hope I don't chock on him and die!"
    "Fortunately, I managed to get back to the surface and after a bit of shaking my head about , I managed to dislodge him. I hope the little fellow is OK. I saw him get back onto his boat, so I think he'll be alright."
    "I just didn't see him in the gloom - he must have been right in my blind spot."

Herbert sustained some bruising to his mouth and baleen, believed to be due to the steel parts of the diver's equipment. He is expected to make a full recovery.
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    PADI rumoured to be working on the “Jonah and whale diving “ specialty course.