Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jabbed?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sean0801 View Post
    Sorry but personal choice also comes into the equation unless i woke up in north korea this morning. I was also invited to have a free flu jab this year but also declined that. I'm not anti vax, i'd rather wait till such time as i struggle to fight of flu by myself. As an aside, i had Covid late last march early april and had an antigen test a few weeks ago and i stll have plenty of antibodies. I'm thinking of selling my blood to buy a new drysuit
    Just a little prick?
    I'll let others decide.
    Believe it or not, bananas do contain a small quantity of Musa Sapientum bananadine, which is a mild, short-lasting psychedelic

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
    Just a little prick?
    I'll let others decide.
    i do miss the good ol' days when internet keyboard warriors resorted to personal insults instead of reasoned debate
    Not the dodgy one, the nice one

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Comparison with flu is not really valid, most people who say I had flu in fact had a heavy cold. Had flu once it put me in bed for six days getting to the toilet was as much as I could manage. I would not want to
    be thatt ill again if offered I would take the flu jab. Covid to all accounts can be far worse than flue.

Graham

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well, I felt a bit ‘rough’ for a few hours through the night and my jabbed arm is now feeling a bit sore.

I imagine this is costing a lot of money to do? There were a lot of ‘volunteer t-shirts’ about but I imagine that all the security people will need paying. Probably still cheaper than the alternative, though.

I quite enjoyed the first lockdown. I had to go to work (pretty much work on my own) and did a bit of family caring and shopping and I quite liked the lack of people out and about. The roads seem back to normal now (took me 40 mins to drive the 11 miles to the vaccination centre).

I wonder if the lesson of washing hands will stick? Maybe it will now be ‘safe’ to eat peanuts out of the bowl on the bar.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    O AZ. 1 day of being a bit meh, which I did not realise until it had gone. Followed by two days of nausea.
    2nd date booked in May.
    Rgds

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Definitely don't doubt Dawn - not if you value your life

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I kind of wish I was older, as I'm keen to get a jab and hopefully (along with everyone else) get back to life. I'm old enough for cheap insurance, but not for the jab yet.

Hail the Children of LLyr
    As far from the sea as we could be, except when we can actually get in it.
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1w View Post
    I kind of wish I was older, as I'm keen to get a jab and hopefully (along with everyone else) get back to life. I'm old enough for cheap insurance, but not for the jab yet.
    Try the NHS website anyway. You may be surprised.
    "...are we human, or are we diver?"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sean0801 View Post
    i do miss the good ol' days when internet keyboard warriors resorted to personal insults instead of reasoned debate
    I might try and take up the challenge of reasoned debate here.
    Any individuals choice to accept vaccination of any sort can be divided into two parts, the selfish and the altruistic and the decision to have it will be a mix of these for any one person. It seems to me likely that since there is a greater death/severe illness rate the older one gets there will be a greater proportion of perceived benefit to the older individual. Whereas for younger people (quite apart from the belief in immortality in the younger male) it is a more altruistic act. This is complicated here by the unknown as yet, extent to which vaccination of younger individuals will block transmission and hence supporting the attitude that says I won't have it because I'll probably be alright anyway and it might not stop the pandemic anyway.
    The situation in the UK is further complicated morally by the existence of the NHS so that anyone ill will get treated to the same extent as a similar aged/risk individual who has not been vaccinated, at a cost to all. It would not surprise me in the near future to see Health Insurance in the US refusing to cover Covid health care unless the individual is vaccinated or at least charging a higher premium. I know I would if I was an insurance company! This is why successive governments have sponsored various health initiatives such as obesity and smoking but with nothing in the way of legal coercion and some taxation reverse incentives (tobacco sugar etc), some of the few legal health care initiatives have been in the realm of motor accidents (seat belts and helmets) and these are firmly in the selfish camp, altruistic advantage here being limited to saving of collective spending on health and social care.
    So I think I would say that for a young person having a vaccination is a largely altruistic act, unless travel requirements will prevent a desired end for the individual. I do think this is a way like banning football hooligans from travel to foreign away games that will come into play and our government should be leading this internationally. In many ways we should be paying for our NHS, and our freedom from government coercion with a willingness to accept vaccination for the greater good. There seems little individual disadvantage to vaccination beyond a couple of days feeling meh! Unless you believe Bill Gates wants to keep track of you!
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Divemouse View Post
    Had mine about 10 days ago, no idea why but didn't argue. Had it at 3pm, absolutely fine until 1.30am, then very ill indeed for about 2 days, arm just stopped hurting yesterday. Rob had a slightly sore arm for 2 days, no other effects. He now wonders if this means I'm more 'proof' against it than him?
    Someone has to say it. Perhaps they don't want you to catch covid and get hospitalised. They have seen your case notes with "BITEY!!" on the front in red letters.
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast