Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Jabbed?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    No side effects at all for me apart from a sore arm
    Not the dodgy one, the nice one

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I had AZ jab yesterday at 2pm. Woke up a few times during the night feeling very thirsty. Right now I have classic hungover symptoms. Taking paracetamol and hopefully tomorrow I will be fine.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I had the AZ jab a couple of weeks again then went away in the van for the weekend. Took paracetamol pre-emptively. Got a high fever in the night then was quite off the next day but OK. Feverish again the next night then it broke and all good after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My wife and I had our second jab on Tuesday. No side effects at all, not even a sore arm.

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Over 40s now being invited, good progress being made. Hopefully they have stopped waiting for those not going to sign up in certain age groups and casting the net a bit wider so those who actually want to have it can come forward sooner!
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Involved in running a Prince's Trust course yesterday and was disappointed to hear a couple of the young people in their early 20's say that they had no intention of getting vaccinated because why should they bother about something which only affects the old farts. When it was pointed out that it has also affected young people, especially the impact of long Covid, the comment was that it was so rare that it wasn't worth bothering about and blood clots were a far more serious risk to them. The level of ignorance and callousness is worrying.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I made the observation to a friend of mine a few months ago, that if you viewed covid from the eyes of a younger person; something that could wipeout a significant part of the population over the age of 50, could actually be seen as an improvement to their life chances.

We live in a seriously screwed up world.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Carr View Post
    Involved in running a Prince's Trust course yesterday and was disappointed to hear a couple of the young people in their early 20's say that they had no intention of getting vaccinated because why should they bother about something which only affects the old farts. When it was pointed out that it has also affected young people, especially the impact of long Covid, the comment was that it was so rare that it wasn't worth bothering about and blood clots were a far more serious risk to them. The level of ignorance and callousness is worrying.
    Should have asked if she was on the pill. The risk of significant blood clots over and above normal incidence by being on pill is at least on a par with the vaccines if not greater. And the statistics are much better worked out.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    Should have asked if she was on the pill. The risk of significant blood clots over and above normal incidence by being on pill is at least on a par with the vaccines if not greater. And the statistics are much better worked out.
    Unfortunately they were both male otehrwise I would have pointed that out!

One scientist I heard discussing the clot problem was saying that unless everyone was tested immediately prior to getting the jab, it wouldn't be known if thay had asymptomatic Covid-19 already and Covid itself is known to cause clotting problems.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    2nd dose today. Wifey there as well, both of us done at same time, room & injecting nurse. Medical centre was calling all people living together in at same time.
    We are happy.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast