Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Jabbed?

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My wife and I have our second OAZ jab scheduled for Tuesday. It was booked at the same time as the first jab.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Going for my first jab at Heathrow Centre tomorrow 😀

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I had the moderna jam at 1300, so far nothing in the way of discomfort or side effects
    Not the dodgy one, the nice one

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I had the AZ jab at 4pm today. Got a text Wednesday from the GP offering slots just on this Thursday and Friday. I am not over 45 so when I got there I asked about it and they said basically they offered it to lots of over 45s and they didn't book in so rather than waste the slots / vaccine, they starting offering to the next age group down. Very grateful for the opportunity and obviously I jumped at the chance! I was very impressed with how well organised and quick it was, I was in and out in 10 mins!!
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Glad to see those with sense grabbing the opportunity. There may still be some Darwin Awards given out to others.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I had my jab week last monday, I was asked at the time if I knew anyone else who wanted it; and booked the wife in there and then.

Mind you, I had my invite a week after drakeford claimed everyone over 50 had had an invitation for the jab in wales.
    That would have been apart from me 52, my mate 50, and the guy I work with who is 51 and still waiting......

Went to the Nightingale in Deeside, guy in front of me in the queue gave a dob in 2002!
    Nightingale was a rather impressive set up, sobering when you consider what it was set up for, but impressive; either there were plans in a draw, or a very quick design job, but impressive.
    I was however admiring the soldered joints on the 3~4" diameter copper ring main for the O2, and wondering how they got that in O2 service.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There is for NHS hospitals a very strict protocol for flushing and then analysing gas emitting from gas outlets for particulate matter and correct gas composition when work has been done. This has as always in health and safety been driven by deaths! Try looking up The Westminster Incident where Nitrous Oxide and oxygen pipelines were misreconnected in the 60s. I know little about the detail of the engineering standards that has resulted in no hospital (as far as I know), in the UK, actually running out of O2 or any major fire incidents in many systems well over use on original design specs during this pandemic. But in other countries there have been fires resulting in multiple deaths of patients and staff in dependency areas. I have no detailed knowledge of individual incidents but I'm sure it is fair to say that a failure to appreciate the consequences of Oxygen enhanced fires both in hospital engineering and equipment design has played a part in those disasters reported in the international press over the past year. It is only when a system is stressed that it's failure becomes apparent and there has been a lot of stress in the past year.
    A big thank you to all those involved in Oxygen supplies to patients over this past 5 decades, a system as robust as this does not happen without effort.
    Last edited by Tim Digger; 23-04-2021 at 06:22 PM.
    Tim Digger

Established TDF Member Barrygoss's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jabbed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    There is for NHS hospitals a very strict protocol for flushing and then analysing gas emitting from gas outlets for particulate matter and correct gas composition when work has been done. This has as always in health and safety been driven by deaths! Try looking up The Westminster Incident where Nitrous Oxide and oxygen pipelines were misreconnected in the 60s. I know little about the detail of the engineering standards that has resulted in no hospital (as far as I know), in the UK, actually running out of O2 or any major fire incidents in many systems well over use on original design specs during this pandemic. But in other countries there have been fires resulting in multiple deaths of patients and staff in dependency areas. I have no detailed knowledge of individual incidents but I'm sure it is fair to say that a failure to appreciate the consequences of Oxygen enhanced fires both in hospital engineering and equipment design has played a part in those disasters reported in the international press over the past year. It is only when a system is stressed that it's failure becomes apparent and there has been a lot of stress in the past year.
    A big thank you to all those involved in Oxygen supplies to patients over this past 5 decades, a system as robust as this does not happen without effort.
    Interesting chat with the next door neighbour tonight, NGH went well below 25% O2 capacity during the last wave.
    Many a squeaky bum time was spent

There but for the grace etc

B
    Rebreathers are like women; they pretend to love you, whilst taking all your money and trying to kill you.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Oh indeed vastly high O2 usage has been a problem in many hospitals in UK at peak of waves. But also local hospital engineering solutions were needed to solve problems not only of absolute O2 needs but also flow through pipelines to super high use areas where pressures required to run ventilators may fall due to massive nearby usage. The "solutions" in other countries with less well developed safety standards may well have contributed to serious hospital fires.
    Tim Digger

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So far, so good on side effects. Had the jab 4pm Friday and was fine that evening. The next day (yesterday) I was very groggy and had very little energy and a very sore arm, bit of a temperature but easily controlled with paracetamol. Today I have woken up feeling normal apart from the sore arm. Haven't done a lot yet so not too sure how the energy levels are but I feel a lot better than yesterday and more alert
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast