Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Jabbed?

Established TDF Member steelemonkey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerjd View Post
    I can see the error there: you have "government" and "think" in the same sentence.

Irrespective of where they are on the political spectrum, as soon as politicians get into power they seem to lose the ability to think.
    They have that ability before hand?
    Paul.
    If God had meant us to breathe underwater, he would have given us larger bank balances.
    Human beings were invented by water as a means of moving itself from one place to another.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I can see the error there: you have "government" and "think" in the same sentence.

Irrespective of where they are on the political spectrum, as soon as politicians get into power they seem to lose the ability to think.
    I see you made a mistake there as well - they don't appear to lose the ability to think. They just think about their own pockets and not about the voters that put them there. A very quick look at procurement in the last few decades shows how adept our politicians are at lining their pockets both while in power and after.

Established TDF Member turnerjd's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilwood View Post
    I see you made a mistake there as well - they don't appear to lose the ability to think. They just think about their own pockets and not about the voters that put them there. A very quick look at procurement in the last few decades shows how adept our politicians are at lining their pockets both while in power and after.
    true, true, they do seem to be good at thinking up ways of filling their own pockets

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelemonkey View Post
    I did not think they were doing the under eighteens yet.
    Funny you should mention that, I am obvs way over that age bracket but a friend's 16 year old has had a jab. Not sure if it is because the area is having a surge in cases or something but he doesn't have any conditions that would make him eligible to have it earlier otherwise and he was invited to have it!
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't know about the UK, but here in france the large vaccination centres are getting retired doctors and nurses (as well as non retired ones on their days off) to do the jabs,

Retired doctors are being paid 400euros tax free for a half day of jabbing, and the nurses around 150euros and none of them are complaining about it being boring or being frazzled, they are fighting to get slots. Most are looking at the next boat / large car / exotic holiday that they're going to be buying as soon as everything's over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilwood View Post
    Why would our government want to think about doing anything sensible like that?

In other news, I got my second jab on Tuesday - Pfizer with very little by way of after effects
    Our eldest has been trained to do the jabs by St John (not him personally you understand) and does it for free - she be adding it to her CV. There are very many people doing the jabbing for free in the UK. There are more St John people available to do the jabs than there are slots for them to fill.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by smileydiver View Post
    Funny you should mention that, I am obvs way over that age bracket but a friend's 16 year old has had a jab. Not sure if it is because the area is having a surge in cases or something but he doesn't have any conditions that would make him eligible to have it earlier otherwise and he was invited to have it!
    Our youngest (17) has had his first jab as his younger sister is classed as extremely vulnerable. he should be getting his second soon.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by smileydiver View Post
    Funny you should mention that, I am obvs way over that age bracket!
    No No! not at all. Consider your tortoise, age is relative!

How is it by the way, the old boy/girl here is fineand enjoying the last hot spell.
    Evolution is great at solving problems. It's the methods that concern me.
    Tim Digger

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    As some of you know I am back in UK but Mrs John is still overseas finishing contract.

We were both vaccinated in Jan / Feb ( 2 doses 3 weeks apart). She has just been called for a booster and received today.

The app showing green ( vaccinated) was disabled to yellow ( jabbed pending completion ) until she went for booster.

Not short, just concentrated awesome ;) smileydiver's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Digger View Post
    No No! not at all. Consider your tortoise, age is relative!

How is it by the way, the old boy/girl here is fineand enjoying the last hot spell.
    Tortoise is most likely a she as it turns out and she is doing fine thanks, grown a lot and very tame. Indian stars are allegedly a shy species but mine didn't get the memo lol.
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My cousin's daughter is a nursing sister and is currently working in one of the big drop-in vaccination centres in Newcastle. She says that they are just sitting around twiddling their thumbs because so few of the younger cohort are coming in to be jabbed. On the other hand, the pubs and nightclubs in Newcastle are absolutely heaving and the infection rate around there is very high.

With that sort of attitude, I wonder how we are ever going to get this pandemic under control.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast