Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello from Bonaire

Hello! I am, obviously, new to the Dive Forum. I live in Bonaire and have a YouTube channel called A Diver's Life.

I have over 30 years of diving experience. I am a divemaster and self-taught underwater cinematographer. Recently I completed 2 tech diving courses and am studying for a third. I am take the training to take people to cool places must divers are unable to go to or have never seen and I also hope to discover some Bonaire history. So, as a tech diver I am a work in progress. This is a video surrounding our discovery of a 17th century anchor on Bonaire if that is something that interests you:
    https://youtu.be/c8Emfs_VG7Q

We also have a dive boat in Bonaire, called the Honey Bee named after my grandfather's boat. It is set up for diving so we are able to go to a lot of cool places on Bonaire you can't get to easily from shore. We recently made this video of the Rappel dive site in honor of Bonaire diving legend Bruce Bowker:

https://youtu.be/YXmm1A52eIQ

I look forward to our discussions.

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Welcome to TDF.

I'm sure there will be some interest here in the ABC islands, but itís a fair travel commitment for most on here being UK based.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hi adiverslife,

You live in Bonaire how cool is that and something we'd love to do however we have had to make do with an annual holiday there for the last 7 years but due to Covid this year it just hasn't happened, your video of the Rappel dive site brought back some amazing memories of our time there, thanks for that and welcome to the forum.

TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    good timing to join the forum, welcome. we are hoping to visit the ABC islands later this year, could give us some idea on the visitor requirements for CV-19 please. I've looked at the UK gov guidance but think local info would also be of benefit.

TIA,

FP