Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Xdeep Hydra

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Xdeep Hydra

Has anyone used one of these wings? opinons of the wing/harness/backplate please? Did you buy from UK or go direct to the manufactuer?

Cheers folks, i love halcyon quality but not halcyon prices
    Not the dodgy one, the nice one

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sean0801 View Post
    Has anyone used one of these wings? opinons of the wing/harness/backplate please? Did you buy from UK or go direct to the manufactuer?

Cheers folks, i love halcyon quality but not halcyon prices
    Do you mean a Hydros? Hydra is a Fourth Element drysuit!

If you did mean Hydros, then yes - I have a 50lb one. The wing is like most wings, so a bag of air. The dumps are where you'd want them and XDeep's wings are about as durable as anyone else's. The backplate is a lump of steel or ali and has all the slots and holes you'd need... not much to say there! Harnesses depend on what you're after. The DIR style OPH is fine - solid webbing, all the required hardware. The deluxe harness is fully adjustable and comes with all the extras you'd expect. The one thing they both lack is weight pockets, should you want them. All in all, a nice durable standard compatible wing system. I bought it from Divemaster Scuba but to be fair, that's my local dive centre (though i didn't work there at the time!).
    The views expressed are my own, worth what you've paid for them, are not on behalf of anyone else and not those of any company I work for etc.

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I have a hydros 50 wing. Not too much to say apart from it does the job, seems like it is well made and there is oodles of lift. Bought mine from a Polish retailer a number of years ago when they had a sale on. LDS didn't sell them and worked out substantially cheaper than UK retailers at the time.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch_y2k View Post
    I have a hydros 50 wing. Not too much to say apart from it does the job, seems like it is well made and there is oodles of lift. Bought mine from a Polish retailer a number of years ago when they had a sale on. LDS didn't sell them and worked out substantially cheaper than UK retailers at the time.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
    Yeah, if boris lets us travel i'll be getting mine in warsaw while i'm out there
    Not the dodgy one, the nice one