Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by sean0801 View Post
    Not good odds those, o3 it is then
    O3 recently posted up about their clearance rail , worth a look , prob find it on the web site. Josh is a good bloke there.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWdiver View Post
    Yeah, I'd probably go for Othree if I was set on neoprene.

Don't know how long it's been for you but fashions have moved on (Not that fashions are always right..). Neoprene suits are less popular. Club photos from the mid 00's would show a boat full of neoprene suits. They're in the minority now. Those that a still around can often be split into two camps.

Problem suits or Othree suits.
    Its been about 9 years out of the water, i tried a few trilam suits, just didnt like undersuits to be honest. Neo and some thermals and im happy
    Not the dodgy one, the nice one

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    I rate the O'Three Ri2-100 highly. On my 2nd after the virtually brand new one became too big.

They are expensive but you get what you pay for in this world.

I would not recomment the thicker suits which are cheaper as the buoyancy changes due to compression can be significant
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've dived:
    Northern Diver 7mm Jesus suit (this was years and years ago mind in the early 90s)
    Seaskin 3mm compressed
    OThree MSF500
    OThree Ri2-100
    DUI CF200

I would put them in that order of loveliness. They were all nice and dry. Am currently in the Ri2-100 and it's a great suit. The MSF500 was a bit buoyant in the last 10m on ascent you need to be aware of this so you don't bob up. The CF200 was miles ahead- the material feels like it could take a shotgun to the chest without damage. Maybe the OThree Ri1-100 would be similar? I did try a front loading one on but as the material isn't as floppy as the DUI stuff, they can't get the waist fold right so you have to have a comedy baggy crotch to get it over your head which put me right off. I *think* they may have sorted this now as it was a few years ago when I tried it on.
    All of them are heavy, especially when wet, so crap for travel.
    I have nothing to do with BSAC any more apart from being a muggle member. So anything I write on here is likely to be complete bollocks. Hooray!

New TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm about to refresh my own drysuit, and am thinking about an OThree - but was getting a bit confused as to whether they still make the Ri1 version - it still appears on their website's main piccie but not in the detailed listings.

Anyhow, a bit more digging led me to this statement against one of their clearance suits: "The Ri 1100 suit is made using a neoprene/lining combination that is unique to O’Three. Constant Compression Neoprene (CCN) did everything we thought it would do and more. To achieve this, two new processes had to be added. Due to new legislation that is affecting all manufacturing of neoprene and the processes mentioned above, an already difficult task of maintaining consistency has become virtually impossible. Leaving us with no other choice than to stop the manufacture of this neoprene sheet, which in turn has meant we have had to stop producing suits made using this version of CCN."

PS I'm also in the Ribble Valley!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I also think the Introduction of their membrane suit made the 1mm neo less attractive. My MTM from O3 is a very flexy 1.8mm neo front loader. Not done that much in it yet , due to lock down, but the few dives I’ve done it seems great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12