X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colinicky
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

New iPad & Microsoft office

It is time to upgrade my old iPad & have been looking at the iPad Air or pro . Currently I use Word & Excel for my business with office pro plus 2019 on my pc . But I hear stories that Microsoft office is not free to use because of the screen size on the newer iPads, is this true ? Is there a work around or an alternative ? My Excel work is fairly standard stuff . Word I tend to use a lot of text box’s etc and then email invoices & quotes to customers
    TIA
    Colin
    I trust my rebreather implicitly I just don't trust the owner

Onwards & downwards.
  • Ken
    Established TDF Member
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by colinicky
    It is time to upgrade my old iPad & have been looking at the iPad Air or pro . Currently I use Word & Excel for my business with office pro plus 2019 on my pc . But I hear stories that Microsoft office is not free to use because of the screen size on the newer iPads, is this true ? Is there a work around or an alternative ? My Excel work is fairly standard stuff . Word I tend to use a lot of text box’s etc and then email invoices & quotes to customers
    TIA
    Colin
    See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...5-29da046833ea which confirms that for any of the newer slightly bigger iPads.

These days they REALLY want you to have a 365 subscription. With an iPad Air or Pro and a keyboard in theory you never need a PC again I have the Air and it is very nice but I have not blown £299 on the fancy keyboard.

It may be the case that if it knows you have the Pro 2019 it will let you edit stuff but I can’t try that, I have a personal 365 subscription, they are not madly expensive in the context of a shiny Apple product.

Comment

Working...