Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkP View Post
    I've pointed out before that many moons ago I posted that we should be nicer to each other, as our collective behaviour put off all but the most robust posters. I wanted (and still would like) the forum to feel more friendly towards women and casual recreational divers. ..
    Has there really been any "robust" argument on the actual dive related fora? It is a very long time ago that I remember the sort of anti-DIR stuff and GI3 rants that once were the preserve of Internet diving. Even the long running PADI/BSAC nonsense has gone in my experience.

Genuinely seeking other views - I do not spend a whole bunch of time on the newbie things, but that is my honest impression.

The non diving area is off putting I guess but things get ramped up just as they are in the rest of the universe. No one is storming the TDF servers with guns trying to shoot out the rackmounts yet. If this aspect of the forum is too much for people to either ignore or deal with then the site must decide if it is a scuba only site like scubaboard or if we are a multi subject site. I post on scubaboard a few times a year and visit maybe once a month or so. If something interests me I will get draw into a discussion. This site is entertaining and worth a visit several times a day. It is a simple enough cost/benefit to work out.
    We give 350m a week to the EU. Let's give it to Dido Harding instead.

Confused? You will be. Jay_Benson's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkP View Post
    I wanted (and still would like) the forum to feel more friendly towards women and casual recreational divers.
    Whoa there. This is a dive forum. That's it I'm off - I didn't realise you were all rubber fetishists. I knew SoG was, he is quite open about it and I thought, well there is someone that knows where their towel is. But all of you - I thought it was The Dove Forum and wondered why no-one mentioned them or even pigeons.
    For information to help you plan your dive trip in the UK and Eire try www.planyourdivetrip.co.uk

Public transport planning info at www.traveline.info

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Why do people continue to cut the back off of people that cannot have an opportunity to defend themselves? Poor taste IMHO.

Public figures are a different story
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Happy atheist, despite the "evidence"...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Benson View Post
    <snip>But all of you - I thought it was The Dove Forum and wondered why no-one mentioned them or even pigeons.
    I was in a newsagent back in the day when I bought diving magazines and casually picked up a copy of Dive. There was stil one person in front of me in the queue when I looked at the front cover more closely to check the price and realised I'd picked up Diva, a lesbian lifestyle magazine.

I stil regret going back to the shelf and getting Dive, as it really wasn't that good an issue.
    Happy to be a feminist SJ(K)W snowflake in a godless universe, no matter what some experts think. And Braun was a twat who's not missed. At all.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo View Post
    Why do people continue to cut the back off of people that cannot have an opportunity to defend themselves? Poor taste IMHO.

Public figures are a different story
    I broadly agree with you but (apologies) fail to see what this refers to. Any contributor on here has the opportunity to defend themselves. Public figures do not. I think this forum is better without some of the posters that are not here, but I try not to slag them off beyond that observation, but I accept if they have been banned or left then they are in that position. I am at a loss to grasp your point therefore. Possibly there have been some instances of bad mouthing people that joined to promote goods or so on, but they were (to the best of my recollection) not banned.

Apologies if I have missed something.

Mr Trump does not have the ability to Tweet in his own defence. Perhaps that is a good thing for him given his past record?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisch View Post
    I broadly agree with you but (apologies) fail to see what this refers to. Any contributor on here has the opportunity to defend themselves. Public figures do not. I think this forum is better without some of the posters that are not here, but I try not to slag them off beyond that observation, but I accept if they have been banned or left then they are in that position. I am at a loss to grasp your point therefore. Possibly there have been some instances of bad mouthing people that joined to promote goods or so on, but they were (to the best of my recollection) not banned.

Apologies if I have missed something.

Mr Trump does not have the ability to Tweet in his own defence. Perhaps that is a good thing for him given his past record?
    Several references over the last day or so slagging off some banned users
    Remember anything you read on the internet was probably written by some guy sitting at home in his underpants! Including this !!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    OK. Not in my recollection but yes, this is not good behaviour.

Happy atheist, despite the "evidence"...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just Braun, because he was a twat.

Were he around, I'm sure he'd be delighted to know I still recall his inability to do anything but post sarcastic memes.

Oh yes, I think it was just me (so stop being so mealy mouthed and name names) who referred to the twat Braun, because he was a twat. This "several references" stuff is silly.
    Happy to be a feminist SJ(K)W snowflake in a godless universe, no matter what some experts think. And Braun was a twat who's not missed. At all.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Dove Forum and wondered why no-one mentioned them or even pigeons.
    Dove as in used to dive, far too close to the truth for me as of late.
    Please visit bottlefish for my personal web site, Quay Cameras to chat to me about the cameras and kit that I sell

Established TDF Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Whoa there. This is a dive forum. That's it I'm off - I didn't realise you were all rubber fetishists. I knew SoG was, he is quite open about it and I thought, well there is someone that knows where their towel is. But all of you - I thought it was The Dove Forum and wondered why no-one mentioned them or even pigeons.
    Funny you should mention pigeons

Walked into the living room at lunchtime today to find the dog chomping down on something amid a mass of feathers. Obviously managed to catch it in the garden.

Tried to get it off him but only partially successful - I got the head and a few larger feathers. He managed to swallow the rest more or less whole ( it was a juvenile bird).

Cleaned up the remaining mess then about 5 mins later heard a retching sound and found a regurgitated pigeon carcass in the room.

Thanks dog. Just what I always wanted.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast